Top Shelf Aquatics

Pod, shrimp thing. Not blurry macro shots

Kicbak

They are nasty looking buggers. I pitched it. I have a filter on the return pump so hopefully none will make it into the display tank. It must have came from some macro I recently got. Prolly starving to death when I found it this morning.

Watch any fish in your system very carefully. These will attach to a fish and eat blood and tissue. Some larger ones can eat an entire fish leaving only the skeleton and guts in a matter of minutes. They are very fast and can outswim any fish. Good luck!

I just scanned all my fish(only 5) and they all are clean. I'm not going to remove the filter on the return for a long time unless I pull the whole pump out so nothing can sneak past.

If you found him in the sump, then you might be ok. I'd scan the sump for more, and possibly break it down and rebuild it if anymore are found.

-Justin

Disqusting looking. That guy looks like that alien in the movie "Breeders." It lives in an old broken down subway station and comes out at night time and rapes womens and lay eggs inside of them.

did it roll into a ball? if it did then its a harmless pod-a spheriod (sp?) with eyes that big though......remember little red riding hood when she asked about big eyes......id have to put my money on it being a parasite, there would be no need for a scavanger to have eyes like that

That is a kind of ectoparasite. It is a kind of parasite which hosts fish on the outside.

I took this picture from the Fish magazine using my cellular phone, then I croped it down.

8259parasite.jpg

Archived