ReefCleaners.org

A couple Q's

myfisharemean

myfisharemean

My acrylic hood I made Is warping, any idea why? and I'm setting up a 5 gallon fuge, how many gph would be ideal, and what size tubing should I have going to and from? And where can I get a pair of baffles for the inlet and outlet to separate the fuge into compartments? And I was going to put a direct flow, without an overflow in, Is this a bad idea, or can I make a simple one that I suction cup to the wall, and just stick a plastic U-piece over the side I'll order from that fishplace? thanks a lot -Matt P.S. I can't get on durng the day (house-rules) :( so I'll reply tomorrow night if I can even get on then. thanks again -Matt

Hood warping could be from heat created by lights. Try adding a small fan in the hood to cool things down. A better idea would be to make a new hood out of wood.

For the fuge you could just use a modified aquaclear filter with a smaller impeller. Size of filter and impeller will depend on the size of your tank. You will still need to add baffles to it, but its easier then what you're trying to do (my oppinion). Do a search on ac300 and ac500 and you will see how to modify it as a fuge with baffles. Pretty easy.

I have no idea what you're talking about; direct flow without overflow

Archived