My 20L [3/10] No Skimmer = Best Growth!

Learn It

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Orangutran

Any update on a new fish?

Is your bird nest continuing to improve with no skimming? I am afraid my water might be too clean as well, and coral growth is slowing down. Want to see how yours is coming along with dirtier water. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on a new fish?

Is your bird nest continuing to improve with no skimming? I am afraid my water might be too clean as well, and coral growth is slowing down. Want to see how yours is coming along with dirtier water. :)

I had the most expansive growth in all my coral, but especially SPS the first 2 months or so after the skimmer was removed. Parameters were perfect, I could feed as I wanted and all inhabitants were happy.

I am now dealing with an outbreak of hair algae. It seems as though in my glory phase I had the perfect balance, in which coral thrive over the algae. Now I'm having trouble to keep the algae at bay (nothing in my CuC touches it). I am changing the filter floss more often, feeding less, less light, GFO and more water changes. Manual removal is near impossible. I am fighting the good fight but things are not looking so great.

Archived