ReefCleaners.org

All-In-One Tanks...worth the extra $$$?

newf99

JMCollins24

FWIW, I love my Fusion 20... I did change out some of the equipment (i.e. stock pump > MJ, Upgraded Media baskets, added an MP10, etc.) but overall the quality is nice and it's really a hassle free set up... If I did it over, I wouldn't have gotten the IM stand, though... The internal compartments are small and make it difficult to find and ATO reservoir that will fit inside and hold enough gallons that you don't have to continuously top off your top off.

If they were available in Belgium i would buy a EaMarine 450 or 600, imho the best aio tank! They have thought about everything... Just not a big fan of the media they include with it.

I always thought a sumped tank is more expensive then a aio.

Just saw the red sea reefer and liking it very much...

They don't ship aquariums to Canada unfortunately. I think I'm going to bite the bullet after my next pay cheque and order a fusion 30L. Going to keep things small anyway, no desire, funds, or intentions at the moment to start a large reef tank (50gal+). Given my limited options ordering in a fusion still stands out as the best option.

michaelrzachmann

They don't ship aquariums to Canada unfortunately. I think I'm going to bite the bullet after my next pay cheque and order a fusion 30L. Going to keep things small anyway, no desire, funds, or intentions at the moment to start a large reef tank (50gal+). Given my limited options ordering in a fusion still stands out as the best option.

ohhh my b i didnt know you were in canada. Good luck with the tank!

what about the JBJs?

Stay far away from curved glass tanks.

Many are not annealed sufficiently to prevent them from cracking at 3 am, and filling your carpet with 30 gallons of salt water and dead fish.

I like my all in one. I am not a DIY person and have not even a tiny bit of understanding of how to do that stuff. I will get the 29 someday but for now what I have works perfect for me.

• 2 weeks later...

The CAD Mini 34G looks better made the IM 30 or 40. Plus it comes with equipment that is actually quite useful. The skimmer is not bad at all and the reactor does the job while completely hiding both units in the back. I find the CAD design negates the need for a media basket when you got a capable skimmer and reactor. The return pump is quite strong as well.

The best deal right now on a <50G tank/system is the SCA though. The only thing I don't like is the way they did their sump. Can't fit much but their own skimmer.

The nicest looking system right now though IMO is the new Red Sea Reefer. Good sump design as well.

There's only two things I don't exactly like about the CAD Mini 34G.... Curved glass edges (although the distortion doesn't seem to be that bad), and that they're harder to find in Canada (unless ordered directly from CAD Lights it seems?). Every setup I've seen in one is downright gorgeous.

I think it depends on what you like in my opinion. I always see AIO tank is one of my favorite tanks because it is a complete set up. I have been working on my JBJ 22 gallons AIO tank, and I like it so far. I got the tank from the warehouse like $40 and built the chambers in the back by myself. The piece of black plastic sheet was around $10 for me.

Archived