Pod Your Reef

NanoCube w/ 150W HQI

MattGecko

I finally made the switch from my 2yr old Minibow 7 to a NanoCube 12.

The rest of the Pictures

nc00319.jpg

040721sm.jpg

Running the Iceprobe in an AQ-mini is creating to much heat at the back of the canopy. I bought a Fluval 104 from Bigals and will be installing the Iceprobe in it (running with no media).

My photo skills are nowhere as good as my wood working, metal halide is distorts the colors a little bit.

Yes I built them both, I'm a "DIY junky". 5 gallon R/O jug fits perfectly in the lower portion with enough room up top for everything electrical.

Hopefully with in 6 month the entire sand bed will be a carpet of zoo's.

or killed by those yellow polyps.. those guys are ravenous for space and light, and generally grow much faster than zoos...

If I could restart my tank, I would take out the yellow parazoanthus, and maybe even the ricordea.

That is gonna look TIGHT when it grows in fully, especially that frag on the back wall.

I noticed the same thing with those yellow polpys, I am looking to trade that rock. : ) There are need if there kept on an island.

The Red Cap needs a pruning soon.

Under the 20K bulb my Green tree is turning neon (under the red cap).

I'll take an above shot when I have time.

Hey Matt,

What kind of ballast are you using to run your 150W HQI? I am ready to purchase one, but I'm not sure which brand to buy. What are your thoughts on Aromat, Icecap or ARO hqi ballasts?

Thanks,

-Chris

I bought the 20K bulb and Aromat ballast from LampDr.

I'm fairly new to HQI ballast, the only other one I've used was a 70W WPI.

Archived