ReefCleaners.org

Livewreck's 10 gallon reef - On Autopilot

Livewreck

13 month update

I replaced my Nano Box Mini Tide (with Storm Controller) with a Radion XR15w Pro. The Nano Box is a fine light, but I could never get the colors I wanted - no matter how I fiddled with the settings. So I bought the Radion. Yes. It's expensive. But I can't say enough positive things about that light.

It may be difficult to tell by comparing the photos I posted with the Nano Box to the most recent ones taken with the Radion; but, in person, there is a world of difference in the color of the corals. Total photoperiod is 12 hours and the intense (blue/actinic) periods last for about 4 hours in the morning and 4 in the evening. With the other light, I could only enjoy the bluer spectral effects for about 90 minutes on either end of the 12 hour photoperiod.

I have the Radion XR15w Pro set at 30% intensity and Radiant Color. I used the Radion software to gradually and automatically bring the light intensity up to its current setting.

Not only are the colors great (IMO), but the corals are already showing better growth.

Front

Fside.jpg

Left side

Lside.jpg

Top down (lit by ambient room light - not with the Radion)

topdown.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived