SaltCritters.com

Sea Hare

tapsmith

Can you guys help me Identify the EXACT name of this sea hare?

He/she eats algae like there's no tomorrow.

Thanks guys. By the way, he has two siphon holes on his back, one intake, one output. He has the cutest face.. I love this guy.

how is it working for algae cleanup? i need to get one, i have similar looking algae that snails won't touch. even the toothbrush won't get it off.

What algae??

No seriously, its gone. I would compare him to algae clean up like a goat to a grass or weed clean up. I think he ate so much lastnight, that he just finally passed out. Its like that chemical in Turkey at Thanksgiving. I'll take another picture tonight when I get home from work to show you what that exact rock you see him on, looks like now after only 1 day. If I could of found him in a smaller size I would have bought him for my 15 gallon tank.

I do have to admit though, I was very disgusted picking him up out of the bag and putting him into the tank. Hes pretty hefty in weight as well.

I found this guy at Aquarium Concepts in Hayward.

I was all over that exact site last night. I think your right, I looked at that exact one for quite awhile. And out of all of them on that site, he looks more like this one. But I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Thanks so much for your input.

I remember seeing those things at AC a few months back, I wasn't sure how good a job they did. I might pick one up. Snails and crabs are useless.

Thanks Oldtimer, but this one is not the type to eat corals. He's actually very very careful not to knock anything over.

Here is a picture of what the rock looks like today. Quite clean if I do say so myself.

The one I got was pretty large. I would estimate he is about 4 to 6 inches long, and width wise I would say 2 to 3 inches. He's FAT.

But he's a hell of a cleaner.

Archived