Cultivated Reef

heater

damdic

I use a Hagen Tronic 50w. Works really well for me and is easy to set what temp you want it at. It was recommended to me by several veteran reef keepers.

printerdown01

I know everyone feels comfortable with a 50W, but you would probably be safer with a 75W - just a thought... As for brands, as someone mentioned EboJager is extreamly reputable... I have been using Tronics for years and years. I wont switch over to Ebo simply because I have had such great results with Tronics... Those are the only two brands that I would stand behind, and recommend to anyone... Other heaters seem to be spotty at times.

*by the way heating is NOT a dumb question!! In fact heating nanos is drastically different than heating larger aqariums, so even experianced reefers have questions about heating when they first start nanos!! In a smaller tank there is less water volume, less water volume = less ability to hold heat or remain cool. Thus, temperature fluxes in a nano have greater swings than those of larger tanks. Thus, they require large heaters relative to their size.

Archived