inTank Media Baskets

What kind of tank would you build if you won the Powerball tonight?

D Z

Legendary Corals

Starfire glass (both front and back panels), 180 gallons (72 x 24 x 24), within wall (separating two rooms, visible from both), overflows hidden on both sides, (on one side) built in lighting/access cabinets up top w/ mini freezer/fridge (for food) and storage underneath, the other side just a clean wall, and sump located in an equipment room in the basement. I just don't see wanting to take care of anything much larger.

But what are servants for?

Purely pipe dreams here...

I still have a nano tank (or two or three), but they wouldn't be AIO, they would mostly likely be plumbed together. Love my Yasha Hase goby, and she is just better showcased in a nano.

However, I'd also have a tank or two in the 100-300 range. One would be a deep water tank. I'd go over to Japan and get fish from Blue Harbor for it. A group of Borbonius Anthias would be the most "common" fish I'd have in there. I'd have a bunch of other fish like the tank recently featured on ReefBuilders.

There would be a nice frag raceway plumbed into the display tank, and a sexy fish room. I'd ask Sangheili for help with that because he just built a sexy fish room.

And while I love Chungy's idea of quitting my day job and opening my own fish store, IDK that I want to deal with running a business. So I would probably quit my day job and go volunteer to clean tanks at my favorite LFS.

I would just use the money to donate to my local aquarium to make it nicer. That way i don't have to take care of it but it'll have a little brass plaque that let's people know who to thank.

Invest most of it. buy a house near the ocean. Have a custom tank made. One with two level like the one I saw in a fish store near me. It's was two tanks where one flowed into the other it would have all the bells and whistles

• 2 months later...
printerdown01

I would recreate the MedRed 60 gallon cube... But put a refugium in the sump. I love that tank and it would take lotto dollars to set up! Paired candy bassets (and pairs of practically everything)?!?! It was awesome. The Zoa garden and ricordia were show stopping never mind the unreal selection of acros and millis!!

SquishyFishy

I'd stick with my current BioCube 29 but I'd cram it with every conceivable expensive coral I could find!

Buy an Island, let whoever already live there have their own country with way too much funding, and have a nice house on one side of the island, and restore the local reefs. Plus a few giant tanks inside.

SchnauzerFace

I'd put glass along the entire pacific ocean and claim it as my own. Then I'd put a lot of 1/4" netting over the top so my humpbacks don't go carpet surfing.

FlowerMama

I'd build a house that had a basement looking into rock flower haven! Nothing but nature and nems, where I could view spawnings and babies, then go out and dive among them and sit among the pretties. And play with mantises! It'd be like a fairy tale world.

NorthGaHillbilly

Call a financial planner, get an allowance, and then commence building a 48"x36"x 24" reef.

tdannhauser30

Id get a big tank, probably 500 gal or so, who knows maybe bigger, and every hi tech option possible, best LEDs, everything. Get every coral Ive ever wanted, bounce mushrooms, crazy euphyllia,chalices, acans, rare nems, all o' dat, and then hire an aquarium company to keep it looking gorgeous, while I constantly shopped for livestock.

Steensj2004

Call a financial planner, get an allowance, and then commence building a 48"x36"x 24" reef.

This ^

No way I would be one of those dumbasses who go broke....

1. Hire accountant

2. Hire a lawyer

3.Lay out long term investments and financial planning

4.Build a small house with all the ammenities 3 bedroom/3 bath size ( fish room included)

5. Get allowance for 205-300 gallon tank build( like NGAHB said)

Tank in wall with fish room behind, any bigger becomes asinine for personal ownership IMHO, I don't want 2k in upkeep and electric for a fish tank.

-NanoBox hybrids

-Ecotech MP 60s

-Apex gold

- 100 Gallon sump and 75 gallon refugium

-And all the facny dosers, and automation I could get

This ^

No way I would be one of those dumbasses who go broke....

1. Hire accountant

2. Hire a lawyer

3.Lay out long term investments and financial planning

4.Build a small house with all the ammenities 3 bedroom/3 bath size ( fish room included)

5. Get allowance for 205-300 gallon tank build( like NGAHB said)

Tank in wall with fish room behind, any bigger becomes asinine for personal ownership IMHO, I don't want 2k in upkeep and electric for a fish tank.

-NanoBox hybrids

-Ecotech MP 60s

-Apex gold

- 100 Gallon sump and 75 gallon refugium

-And all the facny dosers, and automation I could get

I like this plan. Although, I would still NEED a nano, maybe in the bada$$ home office I would build, which would mostly be used for surfing N-R of course.

Archived