Coral Vue Hydros

My Nuvo Fusion 20 aquascape

GokesReef

Hey all! I know this tank is taking off in popularity and people are asking about scaping it all the time.. so here's the scape I just finished in my tank - hopefully it'll inspire someone :) enjoy!

Front:

IMG_1184.png

Close up:

IMG_1190.png

Right Side:

IMG_1187.png

Left Side:

IMG_1191.png

The left rock is going to be a zoa/pally garden. The right side mountain has a nice multi-level setup for SPS all around the top and whatever else down below, along with some nice shaded areas for any NPS coral I end up with.

Looks awesome! I can't wait to see it progress.

So do you put a top on it or just leave it like that? I'm curious how all these different tanks work!

Looks awesome! I can't wait to see it progress.

So do you put a top on it or just leave it like that? I'm curious how all these different tanks work!

Thanks!

Since the fusion is rimless, the standard glass tops and whatnot won't work, but IM includes a clear mesh screen (Check out dormreefer's thread - http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/349395-dorms-sps-xr15-powered-im-nuvo-fusion-20-working-on-wc-system/- you can see the screen lid on his) but I don't think I'll be using it.

I like the cleaner rimless look for now and it will allow the light to shine straight down the water - the only reason I would put it on is if I got a fish with jumping tendencies :)

That all makes sense. I have a cat who I'm sure may end up swimming if I didn't have a top on it... and a couple large standard poodles who may try to dunk their head in. I like the rimless look a lot!

Thanks :) yeah cats are definitely a worry lol lids are also nice to prevent some evaporation and keep out anything risky in the air, but the mesh from IM doesn't really do anything for the last two. Now I just need to get around to hanging the light and hiding the power cord somehow.. just want that nice tank sitting there!

reefbreeders superlux fixture? i don't have the space for a 40g rigth now and I already brought a lux fixture a long time ago

Yes sir! It's a perfect fit for this tank I think - if you check my build thread you can see some shots backed out. The light doesn't bleed beyond the tank and it has great coverage within it. I'm still trying to find the right blue/white mix for my taste but I can't wait to get some coral in there (a few frags in the QT at the moment) and see how they do :)

Archived