Innovative Marine Aquariums

Help me select a 3rd fish..

NaNO ReeFiN

some sort of psuedo or dottyback. or maybe a rainford's goby. all are beautiful and have great personality.

Nano Reefin,

I currently have two clowns in my 20L. As you probably know, these fish have high metabolisms and make a lot of waste. In a 20L it's easy to overstock because you know you have a lot more space to work with then say a 7 gallon. I would recommend a CLOWN GOBY or some other kind of slow moving, relatively inactive fish. Just watch your levels and you should be ok. I learned the hard way with my 7 gallon, don't make the same mistake with your 20L.

HTH,

Matt

i vote for clown goby orrr...for color splash, a yellow neon goby. although metznreef's suggestion of a pseudo is also very colorful...arrrgh! ???

I don't understand. I've been told here that three fish is too many for my 12 gallon, yet you are encouraging a third fish for a 20 liter? 20 liters is less than 12 gallons!

printerdown01

LOL, I have seen 2 fish (both small gobies: one red-head and one neon) in a 7 gallon that worked out beautifly... It all depends on the type of fish and the set-up of the tank...

As for the original question: why not go for a fish that will also be functional... perhaps as someone mentioned earlier a 4x4 or rainford goby, or a six-line (six-line can be benificial if you plan to keep clams).

heh, I currently have three fish in my 7 gallon (9 1/2 with refugium). A basslet (choc.), neon dotty and a tiny sailfin tang to eat my sudden growth of hair algae. As soon as the algae is gone, or when it gets too big, the tang will be moved to a bigger tank. I have had them all for three weeks now and after the first day the dotty left the basslet alone and now they live in peace and harmony and they all eat and they seem happy as clams.

chufa,

i thought it was a new 20Long (20 u.s. gallons) nano reefin was talking about. ??? but anyways the neon and/or clown goby don't count. the first one's tiny and the second's sleepy they could fit in even a 10g with the clowns imo.

the pseudo is a bit more active in eating and pooping. i wouldn't recommend that for anything under 12g~15g with the clowns. sorry for the mixup.

nano- i have a package for you if you don't think its too much..hahaha

i have a : sixline wrasse / purple firefish / yellow watchman goby..you can have all 3 for $25 obo

they will be good additions to your tank..but some might argue its too much for you r tank..but who knows..

I think I'm scratching the whole 20L idea... :( it's unfortunately a little bit too big (and to heavy) of a tank for me at the moment... but you guys can still recommend a third fish for others who want to keep 3 fish..

Archived