SaltCritters.com

Magnum 350 on a 10G?

nostransam

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and to nano reefs, not to mention reef tanks in general. Question is... I have just sold my 75G fish only because of time constraints... I now have the Magnum 350 left over and I want to know if it would be too much for the 10G with 20lbs of fugi live rock(also from the 75G)?

Any advice would be helpful.

PS... Does anyone think that 20lbs of rock is too much for a 10G?

yes i would say so.....350gph is just to much....your sand would be everywhere.....u coudld try a spray bar that went all the way around the top of the aquarium but even then....the rock is up to u....do u like it?....[thats your answer]

The force of the water flowing out of the canister isnt all that quick when used with the biowheels that were on the 75G. I was thinking of keeping the outlet of the canister split into 2 exits(not using the biowheels, just running the hose into the tank. The substrate is crushed coral(mixed size #1 and #4) so it isnt nearly as fine as sand. I was also thinking of not adding a powerhead and just using the Magnum as current in the tank.

Thanks for the help.

i would say try it ....also the bio wheel wont fit on the back of the ten as it is only 20' long....buti judt dont know....i have one on my 55 and its pretty strong if all the pipes are clean....

Thanks for the advice, I wasn't plannin on using the biowheels. I hear that they aren't very useful with a saltwater setup, but that may be opening a whole nother can or worms.

Thanks again,

Dave

Archived