inTank Media Baskets

Fluval Sea Evo 12

Smithjm5

Wow! The black top is a total let down for me :( It doesn't appear to have frosted glass either, instead the black edge they gave it has the appearance of netting.

I know it is just personal opinion but I really loved the concept one. I figured if you removed the hood you would still have the frosted look. The black they did just feels distracting and too dark.

1599368_1199437326736007_305837057111491

Wow! The black top is a total let down for me :( It doesn't appear to have frosted glass either, instead the black edge they gave it has the appearance of netting.

I know it is just personal opinion but I really loved the concept one. I figured if you removed the hood you would still have the frosted look. The black they did just feels distracting and too dark.

I plan to run mine without the top but I agree the concept hood is much better. I didn't even notice the black netting till now. It's sooo ugly now that I see it and I can't stop looking at it. I may have to reconsider one now...hmm....

squamptonbc

I don't like the black netting look at all, the frosted look from the M series looks far better in my view, and not sure I like the hood either, not a fan of hoods on tanks.

FlamingPrawn

I don't like the black netting look at all, the frosted look from the M series looks far better in my view, and not sure I like the hood either, not a fan of hoods on tanks.

And just so everyone is aware. There's not an easy way to remove the honeycomb netting...easily. I'm sure some of you crazy people will find a way but as for now I have the waterline sitting right below the honeycomb or as close as I can and still using the black top. I'd like to get it replaced with just a regular glass top and run my mini tide... but I keep promising myself and the Fluval Gods i'll try their light.

• 2 weeks later...

And just so everyone is aware. There's not an easy way to remove the honeycomb netting...easily. I'm sure some of you crazy people will find a way but as for now I have the waterline sitting right below the honeycomb or as close as I can and still using the black top. I'd like to get it replaced with just a regular glass top and run my mini tide... but I keep promising myself and the Fluval Gods i'll try their light.

The honeycomb netting comes off easily for me =P. Mine came with part of it off already so I plan to remove all of it. It's on the outside of the glass and easily razor off.

FlamingPrawn

The honeycomb netting comes off easily for me =P. Mine came with part of it off already so I plan to remove all of it. It's on the outside of the glass and easily razor off.

wait really? just a razor and it comes off easy?! BRB!

Glad it comes off but I still like the look of frosted rims :( I feel like they sort of cheaped out with the changes to get more profit.

FlamingPrawn

Glad it comes off but I still like the look of frosted rims :( I feel like they sort of cheaped out with the changes to get more profit.

Yeah I wanted the frosted lid :/. I made sure to keep the honeycomb around the back chamber haha. Have you upgraded your return pump yet or know what you're going to put? I'm really bad with dimensions and such :P

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked mine up yesterday. I had to call around to all of the local Fluval Dealers and After 5 or 6 different places, I found one about an hour from me that had 3. I just got the tank set up last night but will be adding sand this afternoon and the saltwater. I can include pictures this evening for anyone interested.

Archived