inTank Media Baskets

Update on my sick clown fish, 5 wks later.

marcos77

My clown fish got infected with ich about 3 weeks after first introducing him to my tank. I had setup a small hospital tank with an air driven filter and heater. I used a copper treatment and I followed the dosing instructions exactly, I kept the salinity at 1.021. I placed him into the hospital tank on June 14th and I put him back into my display tank on July 20. His ich is gone and seems very happy. I soaked his feedings in garlic which I believe helped alot. I also noticed that it took about a week after using the copper treatment for the ich to visibly dissapear from his body. In total I left my tank fishless for about 35 days to be on the safe side. I'm guessing that my tank is ich free unless I add new fish directly to my tank. How long should I quarantine a new fish in my hospital tank using a copper treatment before I can add it to my display tank?

thanks

fish1.jpg

i think 4 weeks is the usual quarantine period for new fish. this allows time for any issues in the fish to show themselves, if disease is present then you want to wait for at least 2 weeks after the disease is not showing symptoms anymore before placing it in the display tank. if you add another fish to the QT while the first is still there you have to reset the QT period.

Archived