inTank Media Baskets

HELP! Fish are dying emergency!

Haberdashery

CronicReefer

Another fish would start to cramp your tank imo. I have a 120litre with only 3 fish and my lobster. I would try a phosphate adsorber to bring them down to in range. I think sacrificing feeding to remove phosphates isn't fair to our livestock or very effective because it could be coming from the rocks which is not unusual. If phosphate is your only issue then the algae will go away with time.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haberdashery

Yeah, i thought so too! Not gonna add anything else soon though. if i do add something itll be months down the line after serious thought. planning on getting a bigger tank if this one works out well because there are so many beautiful fish that are too large for my tank and i feel like my clownfish will need more space when theyre bigger. I usually feed every second day with half a cube of frozen mysis and i feel lil bits at a time but some of it goes uneaten so im gonna cut back by a wee bit till i find the right balance for them. I've got phosphate remover in a media sock in my filtration system nw. the worker said i should add enough to treat 80 litres because the phosphate is so high. I'm hoping a lil less food (since they dont eat it anyway) less light andd more water changes should sort it out. in time. plus everyones just starting to settle in so maybe once they have theyll go to town on the algae :)!

I like the look of court jester gobies. someone on here has said they dont add much to the bioload and help clean up aswell. im worried the clownfish mght attack him though if i add him in a while after theyve claimed their territory

Archived