SaltCritters.com

I will NEVER buy an Innovative Marine product again. Ever.

Newtybar

I do. I ordered a Gooseneck through my LFS, it didn't come with the bridge to connect the kessil with the gooseneck. Almost 4 weeks in, still don't have a replacement item and my LFS is getting the run around.

The lights it self are amazing and work awesome. Its the customer service for when shit does go wrong that is horrible.

I was really happy with Kessil customer service.

If you ever wanted proof that Reef Builders is no more than a propaganda wing of this hobby

think about this....

They constantly feature Innovative Marine products whenever they are released

and some how

some how

they are always positive reviews and news releases shocking I know

I'm sure that has nothing to do with IM being a sponsor and a bunch of EX JBJ guys that use the same factories in China to make their own branded junk and know how to work over the larger retailers and propaganda wings.

Is there a Reef Builders article on the massive amounts of Innovative Marine tank explosions?

Do they actually use the products, or just pass along the fluff that Innovative Marine emails them over?

I'm not saying that all of the products that RB features are junk, most are awesome but you'd know that by the brands that precede the product even before you looked at their site.

When you demand cheap products yet complain about quality, you can only look in one direction for true blame. Let's stop feeding into the manufactures that feed your cheap need and create a disposable aquarium equipment industry.

holy cow (oYo) is on a roll today, two posts I agree with :o

RB has been called out as a shill several times, it's still nice to read their info but take everything you read with a grain or two of salt (that really applies to anywhere, not just RB).

with all the bullshit they put out in the past, these new IM 10, 20's,30's and 40's are really a step in the right direction for the company. all of their other products and accessories are a different story though.

i'd have no second thoughts buying any of the new IM tanks, but i wouldnt take any of their old fusions if they were free.

For filtering etc I will use inTank because #### chinese bullshit products. Also I know Kessil is chinese (their mother company is hence the shitty customer service) but so far that seems to be working haha.

You need to check your facts. Dicon Lighting is the parent company for Kessil, and they are located in Richmond CA.

I went all innovative last winter , My first salt tank ever. Here is the review...three months in innovative hydro ato flooded my tank .sensors click on and off randomly, Inovative replaced it and so far it is still working, nuvo24 cracked six months in. Replaced with 30l which I like so far. Innovatives old desktop skimmer would not skim, got the cad pls50 elite and it is working great. last week minimax reactor stopped working .... So every thing I have bought from them stopped working or broke in under a year.

You need to check your facts. Dicon Lighting is the parent company for Kessil, and they are located in Richmond CA.

Dig deeper. DiCon is not their mother corp.

I have had only great experiences when contacting IM (mainly for newbie questions when I started in the hobby). The guys I spoke to were awesome and full of help every time I called. I have never needed to ask them to replace anything as all of the products I own that are IM (including the Ghost Skimmer) work great. My only complaint is that the stand for the Fusion 40 is overpriced for how it is built and the media baskets they come with are way too small.

Not arguing that others haven't had awful experience, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents that not everybody has the same experience.

It seems like a general consensus that the original Nuvo line (16s specifically) were very prone to cracking.. so far I haven't come across a post about issues with any of the Fusion tanks. Hopefully they got their act together and it stays that way because they are great looking tanks.

Seems like folks keep buying IM products despite their leaky reputation and piss poor customer service. I think the prevailing attitude goes something like this. " I know that IM had problems with their older tanks cracking and poor customer service but im willing to take a chance on them cause their tanks look so cool". Then sure as shootin, we will be reading their next posts about why we should never, ever buy an IM product ever again.

I think people buy them for the same reason that thousands of Lemmings will follow a single leader to their deaths over the cliffs of the Arctic Circle.

Like Lemmings at the cliffs edge, hopeful IM purchasers seem steeped in denial of the risks they face despite a plethora of documented cases screaming at them "No no, dont do it, purchase something else".

The biggest problem is that there aren't enough competitors who make an appealing looking product in a nano sized platform. Maybe they lack in industrial design or maybe it isn't cost effective, not sure.

I'm not going to deny it, I chose looks over function. Ultimately, the aquarium is a display piece. Just as much as I like the livestock to look good, I want the tank itself to look as well.

Someone needs to step up and make a solid product that looks good and is functional. The difficulty I suppose is that nano sized tanks have entry level people in mind, and entry level hobbyists are very cost conscious. Now that I am in to it, I wouldn't hesitate to spend $1.5k to step up to a Redseamax, but when I first started I thought $399 for the Nuvo was steep (little did I know I would be spending A LOT more on other things after that).

I understand why IM sources their stuff from China, but that is no excuse to produce poor products. Poor customer service is also inexcusable. You have a faulty product, you pay for shipping, you don't make the customer pay...you don't tell the customer to drive over.

I have had only great experiences when contacting IM (mainly for newbie questions when I started in the hobby). The guys I spoke to were awesome and full of help every time I called. I have never needed to ask them to replace anything as all of the products I own that are IM (including the Ghost Skimmer) work great. My only complaint is that the stand for the Fusion 40 is overpriced for how it is built and the media baskets they come with are way too small.

Not arguing that others haven't had awful experience, but I wanted to put in my 2 cents that not everybody has the same experience.

I agree with everything this man said. I have the midsize ghost skimmer and while it doesn't pull out black sludge, I'm content with the dark tea colored water. My tank's water is definetely cleaner w/ it running than without.

I have the IM fusion 40 stand and agree it is definetely overpriced for what it is but I still think it looks clean. I'm not skilled enough to build my own stand so I really don't have any other option. I've seen a thread on here where guys were building custom stands with granite tops and they looked awesome but I wouldn't trust myself to even attempt to build a stand to hold an aquarium over 5 gallons.

The stock media baskets are a joke and they leave you with no choice but to upgrade. This hobby is like a lot of other hobbies, expensive. It is what it is, businesses are in business to make $$$. You don't like your car's plain stock 16 inch rims, you go out and buy a pair of staggered gunmetal 19's. You don't like the stock media baskets, go out and buy the larger, better constructed custom caddies. Both will essentially get the job done.

Has anyone heard of a person's IM fusion cracking??

The stock media baskets are a joke and they leave you with no choice but to upgrade. This hobby is like a lot of other hobbies, expensive. It is what it is, businesses are in business to make $$$. You don't like your car's plain stock 16 inch rims, you go out and buy a pair of staggered gunmetal 19's. You don't like the stock media baskets, go out and buy the larger, better constructed custom caddies. Both will essentially get the job done.

Has anyone heard of a person's IM fusion cracking??

No, I personally like the Fusion.

The problem is more with everything else they make and their customer service. Sure they are helpful in problem solving, but when it comes to the point of where the product is a failure and getting a reimbursement, it's a different story.

In your example, getting a media basket that sucks and having no choice but to upgrade. I did, I bought their CustomCaddy and it was cracked in the box because it was so loosely packed and their cheap acrylic didn't hold up. Thank goodness for inTanked.

DiCon owns global. It is their Asian manufacturing and corporate location. Not uncommon for it to have a different name.

ASIA OFFICE
Global Fiberoptics Inc. (DiCon's wholly-owned subsidiary)

Address
6F. 248-28 Hsing Shen Rd.,
Cheng-Jeng Dist.,
Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Phone: 886-7-815-8055
Fax: 886-7-815-8456
e-mail: sales@diconfiberoptics.com

http://www.diconfiberoptics.com/contact.php

Notice their email address.

I have an IM 10 gallon and it's an amazing little thing for the price but I always hear of people's problems with their older products, give them at least some credit on the new tanks they've made, you'd be surprised at how great they are.

I'll admit I'm pretty in love with my Nuvo 8. I don't think I would get anything bigger from them. I wanted a small tank that came in white to match my room. The nuvo was about my only options.

SInce then I got a 34 CADlights and boy can you tell the difference in quality. Granted I was happy with my nuvo 8(and I'm still happy with it) but next to the CADlights it looks like cheap plastic junk.

DiCon owns global. It is their Asian manufacturing and corporate location. Not uncommon for it to have a different name.

ASIA OFFICE

Global Fiberoptics Inc. (DiCon's wholly-owned subsidiary)

Address

6F. 248-28 Hsing Shen Rd.,

Cheng-Jeng Dist.,

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

Phone: 886-7-815-8055

Fax: 886-7-815-8456

e-mail: sales@diconfiberoptics.com

http://www.diconfiberoptics.com/contact.php

Notice their email address.

I was under that impression too. I knew they had a manufacturing facility in Taiwan, but couldn't pin down the name.

My wife bought me a 4G nuvo a couple of years ago that leaked within a couple of months. We contacted them via their Facebook page and they called us within a couple of hours and immediately shipped out a replacement. We kept the leaking tank, reparied it and both are still doing great.

I'm sad to hear so many people having issues as I was super impressed with their service. Puts me off purchasing another. :(

I had a Nuvo 16 Cracked,Skimmate Skimmer junk, I now have the Fusion 20 and a Ghost Skimmer they so far seem to be better.

IM sent me the replacement tank at their cost,maybe I caught them on a good day! although I did have to wait a month for the tank to come in (Back order) Is there any company out in the world that really gives a crap about the good old customer anymore I wonder?? I could go on about many companies I have had problems with,just not fair anymore. Good Luck to everyone out there.

This is in regards to IM tanks, aren't most of the crackef tanks with the curved corners? Has there been instances of the new Fusion lines that has cracked? If not, then the company acknowledges that the curved corner tanks are more prone to stress and moved towards the traditional and safer design. Yes, the quality can be suspect, but if you do your research and STILL choose to buy their product, who's to blame for your woes?

I own a MiniMax reactor, and the pump did fail. Contacted IM and they send a replacement pump even thought warranty expired just two weeks past the warranted period. That customer service is excellent in my books. I've been keeping an eye on the reviews of the Ghost skimmer and with mixed results, so I will withhold my purchase. With the new Fusion tanks, I've heard nothing but good reviews and is on my upgrade list. To each's own.

Jeff

Brooklynkidd718

I bought and still own a IM nuvo38 gallon. The only thing that has "failed" or more like wore out was the return pump, after about 25 months it slowly started to die out. might I add that I cleaned it out frequently. would I purchase another IM Product? Yes. but only aquarium, I would never buy light, skimmer or any accessories they have to offer, they always give me the cheap feel and look to it. just my opinion of course <_<

reefernanoman

Lol, never bought their accessories before.. I wouldn't know..

But honestly, I love my two IM Fusion 10g tanks. Best $200 I've ever spent on good quality low-iron aio tanks.

+1 I'm very satisfied with my fusion 10g. Even my Desktop ghost skimmer is working properly.

Archived