inTank Media Baskets

Jebao RW-4 or Koralia 240 in Biocube 14?

LongDoggy

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. After reading this, Im still very unsure if I can use a Jebao rw-4 in my Biocube 14, or if I should go with a Koralia nano (240).

Thanks

I just went through this exact situation and after trying a rw-4 in my 17 gallon, I took it out after about 30 seconds because it was like a tsunami in the tank… way way too much flow and it was on the lowest settings. I then tried the koralia 240 and am really liking it so far (even though it's not controllable). Good luck!

I have the Jebao PP4 (newer version of the RW4) in my Biocube 14 and it's perfect. You just have to understand how the controls and different modes work. For example, there are essentially 3 wave-making modes (and 2 "regular" powerhead modes, but I'll just talk about the wake-maker stuff)...

W1 - shorter pulse waves

W2 - longer pulse waves

ELSE - completely random

In a 14 gallon, you can really only use W1 mode and the highest I'd go is half intensity. Anything else will most likely cause a sand storm in your tank. W2 produces longer waves, so the pattern of the pulse in this mode goes from min intensity to max intensity to produce this effect. ELSE is just completely random, so it also goes up to max intensity. Even operating only in W1 and on half intensity, you still have a decent amount of control because there's a knob to dictate the time delay between pulses.

LongDoggy

Thanks for bringing back and old thread of mine! I feel obligated to reply. I'll +1 what tiggs said completely. The long pulse mode does not work at all in Biocube. I run short pulse on either level 1,2,3. Usually 2.

I also run the Koralia 240 on the other side of the tank. Running both had been good flow for my tank. I keep LPS, SPS and a Nem.

I have the Jebao PP4 (newer version of the RW4) in my Biocube 14 and it's perfect. You just have to understand how the controls and different modes work. For example, there are essentially 3 wave-making modes (and 2 "regular" powerhead modes, but I'll just talk about the wake-maker stuff)...

W1 - shorter pulse waves

W2 - longer pulse waves

ELSE - completely random

In a 14 gallon, you can really only use W1 mode and the highest I'd go is half intensity. Anything else will most likely cause a sand storm in your tank. W2 produces longer waves, so the pattern of the pulse in this mode goes from min intensity to max intensity to produce this effect. ELSE is just completely random, so it also goes up to max intensity. Even operating only in W1 and on half intensity, you still have a decent amount of control because there's a knob to dictate the time delay between pulses.

Mikeymikemike

The rw4 deserves more recognition. It has a small footprint and packs a decent punch for our nano tanks with a nano price. I think paying $235 for an mp10QD is ridiculous

I am the same as you. I don't like replacing something that works. I tend to replace things when there is a need.

If it was me, I'd get the test kits before replacing the powerhead.

I personally have never had an issue with the koralia ph's and I really like the Sicce ones as well.

I'd love a wave maker and I will get one but when I need to...I'm not sure why but when i watch tanks with wavemakers I get nauseated and severe headache(seasick?)

Archived