inTank Media Baskets

Mounting Mini on AIO False Wall

caietaro

Would it be safe to mount a Mini Tide on the false wall of an AIO, or would the weight of the light put too much stress on the false wall? I'm planning on using a Mini Tide on a PicO 20g; if I mount the Mini on the back glass it doesn't go quite far enough into the center of the tank. Mounting it on the false wall would be perfect, but not sure if that would be wise.

jedimasterben

It should be fine as far as the weight of it goes, but the wire come out of the bottom of the gooseneck, that is the only problem I see, keeping them dry.

It should be fine as far as the weight of it goes, but the wire come out of the bottom of the gooseneck, that is the only problem I see, keeping them dry.

Good point - though I think the water level in the back chamber would be low enough that the wire would be above the water. I'll have to double check though.

Good point - though I think the water level in the back chamber would be low enough that the wire would be above the water. I'll have to double check though.

Assuming the filter layout is the same on the 20g as my PicO SIII (both 18x18 footprint) the light would be right over the media basket. It would probably stay dry during normal operation but if you shut off the return pump the back chamber fills up and it would get the cord wet. You would also have to remove the light to take out the media basket.

Assuming the filter layout is the same on the 20g as my PicO SIII (both 18x18 footprint) the light would be right over the media basket. It would probably stay dry during normal operation but if you shut off the return pump the back chamber fills up and it would get the cord wet. You would also have to remove the light to take out the media basket.

You're right, the light would be right over the media basket. I'll have to see about mounting the light on the side of the tank then.

• 2 weeks later...

I do but 100% the current gooseneck will be in the middle of the 5g. I have been using one for a while now.

-D

Is there an option of a slightly longer gooseneck? I had that same issue (though much less) with a MiniTide on my PicO 5 gal AIO.

This probably doesn't apply anymore since topic is a week old, but when I was talking with Chris at Pico about a custom lid for my 20G he double-checked that I was not mounting my light on the false wall. However, that was a Maxspect Nano, not a Tide.

• 5 months later...

Bumping this topic because my 10g AIO is super thick. It's an acrylic tank that is 1/2 inch thick which is too thick for the hanger.

I have what appears to be two options. Mount it on the False Wall, or get it cut to the right size. I emailed Dave asking if it was okay to getting it cut.

Here's a picture of it on the false wall

tBCdrEUm.jpg

Bumping this topic because my 10g AIO is super thick. It's an acrylic tank that is 1/2 inch thick which is too thick for the hanger.

I have what appears to be two options. Mount it on the False Wall, or get it cut to the right size. I emailed Dave asking if it was okay to getting it cut.

Here's a picture of it on the false wall

Dropped you email back.

You can cut what you need to make the 1/2" work. It is a PVC Type 1 board that is used.

Hope this helps!

Archived