Cultivated Reef

Matt's Reef (Upgrade Imminent! Need Advice) (4-25-15)

myarmolich

Yo I found your link from RC, I just wanted to say you have a pretty nice setup there. Im really digging the rimless look.

Maybe after some of my corals grow out we can do a swap, I noticed you're looking for some of the same corals I currently have.

Link to my tank is in my signature.

I would love to. Feel free to PM me anytime and we can make something work! you have an amazing tank

You may regret getting the Pukani if you go ahead with that plan without letting it cook first. It's renowned for leaching phosphates.

I love the 20L dimensions. If I ever change tanks it will be a tank with the same ratio of dimensions as the 20L.

You may regret getting the Pukani if you go ahead with that plan without letting it cook first. It's renowned for leaching phosphates.

I love the 20L dimensions. If I ever change tanks it will be a tank with the same ratio of dimensions as the 20L.

Thank you for the advice, if i go that route, ill definitely cook it beforehand!

Someone save my wallet :| I smell an upgrade in the future:

10 gallon refuge:

planning on eventually converting the 20l into a sump.

Both tanks above were free. First take is a custom 32 gallon tank (27 x 17 x 16) second was just a 10 gallon aga.

Here's the plan at the moment:

Probably gonna hold off for atleast 3 months so i can get some more income/livestock. Also trying to decide how much the stand is going to cost me, so if you have any experience let me know :D

*edit getting cannot use that image extension on this community.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna Leave These Here....

oIz8f5rl.jpg

e2DTA8Pl.jpg

EH0unvgl.jpg

32h20Drl.jpg

Text Update:

Alright so this tank has been through a lot since the last update. I unfortunately had my original juvenile clown perish due to an unknown reason. Parameters were perfect, maybe lack of food. Regardless, as a result of this death, ammonia spiked in the water causing my mandarin to jump in search of better water. Its sad i lost my favorite fish (RIP Scooter) but his loss allowed me to limit brine shrimp feedings and get the tank back to health. The tank is now stocked with a juvenile onyx clown with my snowflake clown, along with an RBTA and a TON of new coral. I plan to position these corals soon, just have to find a spot for them. Also met with some awesome fellow reefers at the Diablo Coral Frag Swap and got some awesome new pieces.

New Zoa Frags:

-Gold Maul

-Orange Bam Bam x2

-Rastas

-LA Lakers

-Radioactive Dragon Eyes

-Sunny D's

-Blue Tubs

-Other Colonies that i cant name haha

Also picked up some semi-bleached SPS for cheap, hoping to bring them back from the dead and start the SPS side of my reef.

• 2 weeks later...

So its been a sad day. Woke up with both my clowns sick with velvet. They lasted about 2 hours :( No Survivors.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have decided to drop the 20 long and move on to a fullly sumped SPS dominated 34 gallon custom made tank. I will have update pictures of the tank and the build when i get home.

Regarding lighting i am stuck between a couple of options. I am contemplating getting 2 AI Hydra 26s or 1 Hydra 52. I found a deal on CL for 460 for 2 26s and the controller and am contemplating pulling the trigger.

Help me nano-reefers, you're my only hope lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have decided to drop the 20 long and move on to a fullly sumped SPS dominated 34 gallon custom made tank. I will have update pictures of the tank and the build when i get home.

Regarding lighting i am stuck between a couple of options. I am contemplating getting 2 AI Hydra 26s or 1 Hydra 52. I found a deal on CL for 460 for 2 26s and the controller and am contemplating pulling the trigger.

Help me nano-reefers, you're my only hope lol

Yessssss SPS. :D

Id check out some T5s if you can.

Justind823

I agree. I think if you're going full SPS you wouldn't regret a hybrid fixture.

Edit: That is a good deal on the hydras though depending on how long they were used.

Archived