SaltCritters.com

Fishheaded's 12 Gallon Long Mr.Aqua - PICS! update pg.1

FishHeaded

Hey all, just thought I would share another 12 gallon long setup. I transitioned everything from my 10 gallon, which has been set up for around 8 years. I wanted something clean and sleek. Here are some details:

Aquarium: Mr.Aqua 12 gallon long

Lighting: Orbit LED 36 watts

Flow: Vortech MP10 ES

Filtration: 10-12 lbs of live rock/10 lbs of fine live sand

Heater: Eheim 50w

Great looking tank! I have the same tank with an mp10 I have it placed in the middle of the tank because I couldn't get enough flow to the other end. Curious on what setting you have the mp 10 on and how high on dial? Also have the same light what are you running your light at?

Here is a pic of mine

post-73220-0-87798400-1422067191_thumb.jpg

Beautiful! I love long shallow tanks. The pictures are great!

Thank you!

Great looking tank! I have the same tank with an mp10 I have it placed in the middle of the tank because I couldn't get enough flow to the other end. Curious on what setting you have the mp 10 on and how high on dial? Also have the same light what are you running your light at?

Here is a pic of mine

Thanks. My mp10 is on almost at 50% I am running my lights at 100%. Nice tank! I would definitely place the mp10 on the right side opposite of the aquaclear.

Some new additions from the other day. Picked up some other corals yesterday, will post when I have the better camera out. Going to rearrange some rock work and post FTS later as well.

15731210213_0311d235d2_b.jpg

15731210243_d573711815_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How does the orbit do on there with your corals?

Sorry for the late reply all, been quite busy with work and other activities. The corals are honestly thriving with the orbit. I'm very pleased with it for being entry level. I have mixed reef, softies to LPS to SPS and I am seeing great growth.

Update: purchased a maxima clam couple weeks ago, woke up to my cleaner shrimp and nassarius snails eating it the other day. Like they say, they can go quickly. The night before it was doing great. Lesson learned..... Also been dealing with cyano issues with red slime, but I managed to get it under control. Pictures will be posted tonight!

Sorry for the late reply all, been quite busy with work and other activities. The corals are honestly thriving with the orbit. I'm very pleased with it for being entry level. I have mixed reef, softies to LPS to SPS and I am seeing great growth.

What are you running the light at whites, blues and times?

Archived