Cultivated Reef

BioCube 14 (Possible LED retrofit?)

ConnorKessler

ConnorKessler

Hi all, I am a newbie to reefing and I have a thread going in the beginner forum where I addressed some concerns regarding my biocube 14 lights heating the water to stupid high levels.

I was looking around for suggestions on possible LED retrofits for the biocube 14 hood that are easy to install and wont break my rather tight broke-ass-college-kid budget.

I was quickly referred here!

Sorry if this is the wrong way to go about figuring this out. I'm new here.

Thanks for any advice or quotes or anything! I will take any information into consideration :)

AS A SIDE NOTE:

I should mention, since I am new to reefing, I am not going all-out on corals. Probably only softies at first. Such as zoas and mushrooms. Not sure if this will affect the pricing regarding what type of lights I am offered.

Thanks again!

Hi all, I am a newbie to reefing and I have a thread going in the beginner forum where I addressed some concerns regarding my biocube 14 lights heating the water to stupid high levels.

I was looking around for suggestions on possible LED retrofits for the biocube 14 hood that are easy to install and wont break my rather tight broke-ass-college-kid budget.

I was quickly referred here!

Sorry if this is the wrong way to go about figuring this out. I'm new here.

Thanks for any advice or quotes or anything! I will take any information into consideration :)

AS A SIDE NOTE:

I should mention, since I am new to reefing, I am not going all-out on corals. Probably only softies at first. Such as zoas and mushrooms. Not sure if this will affect the pricing regarding what type of lights I am offered.

Thanks again!

I have a RETRO for this size Biocube for $245 and includes the following.

The kit includes :
Kit is 95% finished for you. You simply need to strip the hood, mount new heatsink and power cables and then turn on.
-Dave
Trulumen best bang for the buck and you won't find a easier install...
I bought mine from steves LED's. It fit perfectly in my BC14 and my corals love them!

This is a sponsor forum...just saying.

BTW,I have a nanobox retro in my BC 29 hood and can recommend 100%

ConnorKessler

I have a RETRO for this size Biocube for $245 and includes the following.

The kit includes :
Kit is 95% finished for you. You simply need to strip the hood, mount new heatsink and power cables and then turn on.
-Dave

Thanks for the quick reply, Dave! I will definitely take your product into consideration. Thank you! And it looks like you do some stellar work here so kudos to you.

I would go with Dave's. I wish that I had. I almost spent the same amount and I got the Trulumen. They work fine, but aren't as powerful as Nanobox or Steve's LED. I am going to be getting another tank soon and turning the BC into a frag tank. I am definitely getting a Nanobox my next one.

I have a biocube im selling that I retro fitted with TrueLumen LED 12" strips. Work great! and cheep

I have a biocube im selling that I retro fitted with TrueLumen LED 12" strips. Work great! and cheep

BIOCUBE LED Retrofit

BIOCUBE LED Retrofit

And you can add one more strip to the stock biocube setup

Archived