Coral Vue Hydros

New to forums and Pico tanks

Deadeye

Partially Submerged

One advantage of the AC 70 is that it fits a small heater and can be fuge-modded easily. It should add about half a gallon of water volume, which is nice too. The regular impeller is too strong for a 3g, but one can easily order an AC 50 or 30 impeller for a few bucks and use it in the AC 70.

I might do the AC70 in the future. For now I ordered a hydor 100. I put 4lbs of live rock in the tank today and will be getting sand tonight. I hope to get an LED light soon, but I want to see if I can get something used. Most of those goosenecks are 24" and I only have 12" of room from top of tank to cabinet, so I may need to consider a different light. Other than that, my test kit and refractometer should be delieverd soon. So, I think I have everything I need. I would like a lid, if anyone knows where they sell those, please post a link.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a update to my picotope. I have a Maxspect nano razor LED, and a Smart ATO on it now. Next will be adding a suspension kit for the light and then maybe a bigger filter.

post-86938-0-69230000-1422749583_thumb.jpg

Archived