Innovative Marine Aquariums

Goby Jumping...

Kogut

Hey, I'm planning on getting a gobie/pistol shrimp pair for my 20L that I'm building. I know that the Gobies need a tight fitting lid, but I'm going to be using a MH pendant (possibly 2) for the lighting in the tank... This poses a problem since the top was originally going to be open. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem? Or should I just forget about the gobie (I really don't want to do that). Thanks.

Connor

Funkymonkey

I would just get a piece of glass cut to fit and glue a handle to it. You'll also need to drill some small diameter holes to allow gas exchange, but all of this can be handles at a glass shop. One piece, tight fit, looks good, cheap.

You could got to home depot or any hardware store and buy some plexi glass and cut it to size, then drill holes in it, for event cheaper price rather than using glass. I know that they even have some pieces of plexi glass that is allready pre-cut.

bravoreefer

Build a retraining wall around it so it looks like the plexi around a hockey ring. Besdies, they only usually jump when stressed or scared.

Archived