Pod Your Reef

JK's 28g Nano-Cube - New Mesh Top by smiz!

JKUNZ

I'd be careful leaving the magnet in there. Used to leave mine in my tank and after a few months it corroded to the point it started to rust.

Thanks specore - I'll start taking it out during the week. That never crossed my mind.

• 3 weeks later...

CUC Replenishment day!

It's certainly not the sexy part of reef keeping, but a necessary expense IMO.

I must have fat fingered my order, and meant to get the LiveAquaria 30 gallon CUC; I ended up with the 55 Gallon version. It includes the below - I'm nervous about the 28g supporting all of these guys. Thoughts?

• Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab (30)
  • Nassarius Snail (20)
  • Cerith Snail (15)
  • Peppermint Shrimp (4)
  • Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab (20)
  • Astraea Turbo Snail (30)
  • Emerald Crab (3)

That is a lot of hermits for a 28g lol. Personally I would ditch all the blue leg if you can. I have around 15 scarlets in my 30g and seems to be good.

That is a lot of hermits for a 28g lol. Personally I would ditch all the blue leg if you can. I have around 15 scarlets in my 30g and seems to be good.

I agree - I prefer the scarlets and only ended up with the dwarf blues as they were part of the liveaquaria CUC package. The one I meant to order had about half of everything here. :blink:

I finally had time to modify the stock rim to allow for the custom mesh top (by smiz) - and this thing fits beautifully! It's flush inside the frame, so it's not visible from straight on. Check out smiz for your custom top needs!

TOP VIEW:

IMG_6767.jpeg

FRONT VIEW, WITH THE LIP OF THE DOOR ON THE HOOD BARELY VISIBLE:

IMG_6766.jpeg

If you don't mind what did your ATO tank cost you, and do you have that persons contact information/website?

smiz made it for me, and he's active here on N-R. Here's his custom acrylic thread. I ordered it and the top at the same time, but I believe the ATO was just under $200. It hold about 5 gallons of top off, and has two smaller chambers for dosing as well.

Archived