ReefCleaners.org

Orange firefish?

lostfish

Is a Orange Firefish the same thing as a normal firefish? I see pictures of firefish, some have red tails and some have orange tails. Are they a different species or just variations in the breed?

Also I have a 10 gallong tank that has been up now for about 6 weeks, I have the rocks where I want them and my clean up crew is doing a good job of cleaning.

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0 im sure this goes up but I am doing weekly water changes

SG 1.023 - 1.024

PH 8.0 - 8.2

I had a blue damselfish in there but I think he was a bit mean so I returned him. So now I have no fish and would like to get some :)

My real goal is to get 2 small true or false perculas, but I have heard I should add them last if I plan to have any other fish in the tank cause they can become territorial.

So for my 10gallon could I go 1 "orange" firefish and 2 clowns? Or how about 2 orange firefish and 2 clowns? I suppose I could be pushing the bioload here with 4 fish so maybe I should just stick with 3. Let me know what you guys think, I really appreciate all the help and guidance you guys and gals provide.

Thanks

LF

Hi LF,

I currently have a 8g tank and there are 4 firefish inside 2 red and 2 purple other than that i have 2 shrimps and one false percula. And the bioload is ok, just dun feed too much. Oh yah i have around 3.5 kg of liverocks though. THat helps to maintain the bioload.

Jason

• 3 weeks later...

an "orange" firefish is the same as an everyday firefish. they have variations in the color of the tail between red and light orange but it's all the same species. good luck -Ian

Archived