Coral Vue Hydros

my nanocube

fishywoman

Thanks! :happy: I didn't really have to do that much to it as it all seemed to come together. Did break up one large piece for the back though.

All the live rock came from www.Premiumaquatics.com. I gave the dimensions and they picked it out. :)

I see now your live rock wasn't really cured so you expect something of a cycle in the next few weeks. Don't put any more snails in your tank. And if your water begins to spike, change some water as you have some live stock in your tank and some of them don't do well in a cycling tank. It will extend your cycle for a more days but you need the water test and let that how often you change water.

Steve

Oh....did you take the various things, sponges ect out of the back of your nano cube? And you might also consider using Real Ocean Water from the Catalina Water Company, in CA. They sell it for $10 for five gallons at Petco and it really does save a lot of time. And your water will always have the right PH and CA and alk. My zoas and plants love it and I don't have worry about mixes and additives and doses that seem to preoccupy so many people with reef tanks.

Steve

That's a very pretty new tank! Your rock arrangement is awesome. What are you hoping to put in there?

Best,

Phil

I'm still open about what to stock it with. I'm most likely going to start off with shrooms and some moderatly easy lps. I would love to stick to a color theme, maybe red and purple.

I know I want to have some sort of shrimp and a fish. Not sure what kind, but personality is a plus! B)

I thought I read that there were other people on here who were successful with certain LPS and stock lights? I wasn't planning on upgrading.

I definitely need to think about moving that thermometer. ;)

Archived