Top Shelf Aquatics

Glue?

rnmike

So I tore my IM Nuvo 16 gal down about a month ago, and I'm ready to get started on it again. I decided to go the dry rock route this time. I have never used dry rock, so I was wondering what glue to use. I know most people say they use CA, and I have some at home for my RC heli stuff, but it's a really small bottle, and it's expensive. What do you all use? Thanks in advance for the advice friends ;)

So I tore my IM Nuvo 16 gal down about a month ago, and I'm ready to get started on it again. I decided to go the dry rock route this time. I have never used dry rock, so I was wondering what glue to use. I know most people say they use CA, and I have some at home for my RC heli stuff, but it's a really small bottle, and it's expensive. What do you all use? Thanks in advance for the advice friends ;)

I used some sort of putty to stick the rocks and cable ties

I've used jb weld, skimmer will go nuts for a while but it won't harm inhabitants.. although if it's dry rock you should be able to have the putty cured long before going in the tank..

I used epoxy putty to stick bigger pieces together. Works really well and the bond is very strong.pratley-putty-original_500x409.jpg
I used some sort of putty to stick the rocks and cable ties
I used epoxy putty to stick bigger pieces together. Works really well and the bond is very strong.pratley-putty-original_500x409.jpg
I agree this is a great way to join rocks together depending on what your going for you could also use acrylic rods

Milliput can be used in a tank, I've used the fine white, sets under water. Also D+D and a hole host of other companies produce putties that will cure under water and are reef safe.

I last used D+D putty and it didn't cure under water very quickly, but did eventually set.

Well, I set up the tank, and as I learned with the dry rock I used, Reef Saver from Bulk Reef Supply, I didn't end up using any glue. The Reef Saver locks together so well, I didn't think it was necessary. Hope It works OK. Thanks for the help friends.

Archived