Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoBox LED options

Blueshorts

Hello NanoReefers. I've fallen in love with the nanobox lights and will buy one for my 15" long x 15" deep x 9" tall reef tank (I may buy an ADA 60-F cube in the future though).

I'm thinking of buying a nanobox mono or duo and I am wondering about the benefits of LED combinations that aren't stock, but I don't see a nice overview of what tanks with different LEDs look like. FYI - I grow some sps, but mostly lps and softies.

Any advice regarding LED color / light size (mono vs. mini vs. duo)?

Thanks ~John

Hello NanoReefers. I've fallen in love with the nanobox lights and will buy one for my 15" long x 15" deep x 9" tall reef tank (I may buy an ADA 60-F cube in the future though).

I'm thinking of buying a nanobox mono or duo and I am wondering about the benefits of LED combinations that aren't stock, but I don't see a nice overview of what tanks with different LEDs look like. FYI - I grow some sps, but mostly lps and softies.

Any advice regarding LED color / light size (mono vs. mini vs. duo)?

Thanks ~John

Go with the Duo or Mini Tide. I phased out the Mono and replaced it with the Mini Tide now. It uses the same array.

The Duo would be great if you plan on upgrading, Tide will be fine if that is the tank you are staying with.

You can add a moonlight for $35.

-DAve

Paleoreef103

If you look at our members aquariums you can find what the base spectrum looks like pretty quickly (just look for . Honestly, the new base spectrum is pretty amazing in person and I would not hesitate to just pull the trigger on a stock tide or duo (if you want to future proof a bit). Honestly, if you can afford the price increase to the duo easily, I'd probably go with the duo anyway to get a more even light spread. This is a little bigger tank than yours with the previous base spectrum (no lime LEDs) and a duo. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/332154-ninjas-12g-pico-s-iii-new-clam/

This also has a lot of pictures of tanks with nanoboxes that generally include what model they are using. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/336789-nano-box-owners-thread/

I'm really glad I posted, thanks. I think I was getting a little confused between previous base spectrums (no limes) and the newer spectrums (with limes) and I didn't know the mono was being phased out. It really seems like the duo is the way to go since I've regretted not future proofing in the past.

To purchase the moonlight do I add $35 to my paypal order and put "would like a moonlight" in the notes? And if I'm reading correctly the duo comes with the storm controller, but can be upgraded to the bluefish controller down the road?

Archived