Cultivated Reef

Amphipods monster help wanted

amphipod

good point, I didn't put too much consideration in that D: I notice something with bone crushers teeth though, they are well rooted and have lots of support with the rest the bone, i'm thinking of the difference with a great white sharks teeth and a hyena now.

lol scary dog

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am putting tylosaurus teeth in the beast, just not the freaky roof of the mouth teeth.

I still would like at least one other member comment so I can see if anything else is lacking before I work on the rest.

Maybe a beak instead? Or teeth similar to thst of a pacu?

pacu teeth are weird lol they look like incisors combined with molars lol.

pacu teeth are weird lol they look like incisors combined with molars lol.

They are, I believe they eat nuts right? Muskellunge teeth are gnarly too.

One of the things I Ike about Rottweilers is their zygomatic arch. There was an interesting nat.geo.about it

They are, I believe they eat nuts right? Muskellunge teeth are gnarly too.

One of the things I Ike about Rottweilers is their zygomatic arch. There was an interesting nat.geo.about it

you are correct, tree nuts, and they have a reputation for man nuts being eaten also which any quick online search will reveal lol.

I wonder who's bite is stronger a beaver or rottweiler?

you are correct, tree nuts, and they have a reputation for man nuts being eaten also which any quick online search will reveal lol.

Hmmmmm that's interesting, I'm not sure. I do know my rottie can saw the knuckle off a cow femur in 10-15 mins

Every year or so someone will catch a pacu or piranha out of the lake I fish out of here in south central pa. A few gators are spotted and removed too.

No more wondering

A beaver can develop up to 80 kg of bite force, which is twice as much as a human being.

The bite force of an adult Rottweiler 164 kg.

(http://tellmewhyfacts.com/Animal+Bite+Forces)

Still don't understand estimate the beaver they been known to kill humans before (http://www.outsideonline.com/1796676/beaver-kills-belarus-man-deadly-bite)

Hmmmmm that's interesting, I'm not sure. I do know my rottie can saw the knuckle off a cow femur in 10-15 minsEvery year or so someone will catch a pacu or piranha out of the lake I fish out of here in south central pa. A few gators are spotted and removed too.

when I still had my dog ( English mastiff) she would take some of the knuckle bones and actually shatter them into several chunks, I'm glad she wasn't a biter lol.

No more wondering

A beaver can develop up to 80 kg of bite force, which is twice as much as a human being.

The bite force of an adult Rottweiler 164 kg.

(http://tellmewhyfacts.com/Animal+Bite+Forces)

Still don't understand estimate the beaver they been known to kill humans before (http://www.outsideonline.com/1796676/beaver-kills-belarus-man-deadly-bite)

is that seriously the estimate? I would have guessed a bit more personally. They have truly intense jaw musculature when you get a close look at them, I had the opportunity to slice all the meat off one of their heads, and especially for closing their jaws was this sinewy tough meat, and a lot of it, not to mention how it was set up. I would believe they could kill with a bite, heck they chew wood no problem.

What I always like when I have my akita or rottie out,people with their Pit bulls (who clearly get them for the wrong reasons )feel the need to tell me that even though my dogs are bigger they don't have "locking jaws" like their pit. :eyeroll:

What I always like when I have my akita or rottie out,people with their Pit bulls (who clearly get them for the wrong reasons )feel the need to tell me that even though my dogs are bigger they don't have "locking jaws" like their pit. :eyeroll:

ha, locking jaws, that isn't always very important , after all bird jaws fit pretty snug, last I checked though ducks weren't formidable bone crushers lol. But crocodiles also have " locking jaws" and crush bones with ease.

ha, locking jaws, that isn't always very important , after all bird jaws fit pretty snug, last I checked though ducks weren't formidable bone crushers lol. But crocodiles also have " locking jaws" and crush bones with ease.

One of the few animals with a super muscle correct?

Hyaenidae skulls would be what to look at for bone crushing. They regularly eat bones, horns and hooves of prey. From my knowledge, slender jaws are not conducive to bone crushing. Maybe on the initial bite like in crocodilians, but not for continuous eating. Those animals usually have shorter faces and deeper skulls to accommodate the necessary muscles. (I.E. hyenas and polar bears also look at the extince shortfaced bear)

One of the few animals with a super muscle correct?

I don't know, I do know they have one of the strongest recorded bites, I hear their jaw muscles feel really stiff even when they aren't biting so they must be exceptionally sinewy lol

CA-26418-Brown-Hyena-skull.jpg

Hyena

variants_large_4108.jpg

Short faced bear

The bone structure behind the eye socket is what supplies the bite. (I don't know the fancy names for skull anatomy, not a doctoe just an artist) the deeper that area is in conjuction with the bone thickness is what accomodates big biteforce muscles.

Also note the grinding teeth in the back allowing for the bone to actually be crushed and ingested.

Hyaenidae skulls would be what to look at for bone crushing. They regularly eat bones, horns and hooves of prey. From my knowledge, slender jaws are not conducive to bone crushing. Maybe on the initial bite like in crocodilians, but not for continuous eating. Those animals usually have shorter faces and deeper skulls to accommodate the necessary muscles. (I.E. hyenas and polar bears also look at the extince shortfaced bear)

that's true, I am trying to make something that can kill an opponent by a brutal bite, something that does enough damage that even if prey escaped it's still a goner, i want shattered ribs and cracked femurs to be an after affect from the initial attack.

Revised Pics will come eventually. But I am going to make the rest the body also.

I'm thinking of almost pterosaur wings, sturdy arms, nearly hands on the midway of the wings.

I'm debating how the legs will be still.

Thinking of a short tail.

Maybe a few adaptations for running, maybe knuckle walking?

Archived