SaltCritters.com

DC'sVEINTE: Golden Fuzzy?

DCUEVAS74

Just finished acclimating the new addition to the setup. Could not pass on this, I have never seen a fully Golden Dwarf Lion. Almost gave up with the training on frozen. Going to the LFS for ghost shrimp was getting old. Finally after 3 weeks, the Lion has gone for the krill and mysis! I'll try to get some better shots but as of right now, still a little camera shy.

ae67ec34-4016-4453-812c-3188e56841fe_zps

Nice lion. Beautiful color. Is he out and about during the day or does he hide a lot? I just got one yesterday. He hides a lot but is eating ghost shrimp. Hoping he will come out more it I have my doubts. How often were you giving him the live shrimp?

Thanks, mine was the same way during the first couple of weeks. I fed him 4 to 5 ghost shrimp every 2 to 3 days. I would then use metal tongs to introduce a thawed krill/mysis near him. Someone told me to prime him by dropping a drop of garlic before feeding and eventually try no ghost but just frozen. Eventually he got comfortable with me and started coming up to the glass and taking frozen.

Archived