Pod Your Reef

CrazyCarl's SCA 66G

CrazyCarl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my reactor back up and running after one of the pumps burnt out. Also got rid of my 6-line. Used a fish trap. Moved the assessor back up top. Going to get at least one new fish today. Ill post some pictures later. Also picked up some corals since the last update. Tank is doing pretty well.

Your tank looks nice Carl.

That leather is awesome! The polyps look really long :) How do you like your 66? i'm loving mine.

Thanks, yeah the leather is still fragging itself. It made 6 pieces altogether. Traded one and an echinata frag for some ora green birds nest and a monti. I think its finally done. Love the display tank. As far as value, I think SCA gives you the best bang for the buck.

Your tank looks nice Carl.

Thanks, and congrats on TOTM!

Thanks, yeah the leather is still fragging itself. It made 6 pieces altogether. Traded one and an echinata frag for some ora green birds nest and a monti. I think its finally done. Love the display tank. As far as value, I think SCA gives you the best bang for the buck.

Thanks, and congrats on TOTM!

I agree about SCA! Yours is looking nice.

You wouldn't want to sell or do a trade for a frag of that leather, would ya?? ;)

I agree about SCA! Yours is looking nice.

You wouldn't want to sell or do a trade for a frag of that leather, would ya?? ;)

Let me scope out your tank. :ninja: lol. I'll PM you.

So here are a few photos. The New fish is still a little camera shy...

DSC_1082_zpslkyjgp9m.jpg

Yellow Eye Kole Tang

DSC_1081_zpsbnyg950e.jpg

I love this fish. Hope it does well. Ate some frozen and saw it eating nori. It looks extremely healthy at the moment.

Here are some random coral shots.

New ORA Green Birdsnest

DSC_1066_zpsdf8zpqus.jpg

Another ORA piece, not sure what it is, Im thinking plum crazy or miami orchid? Got it cheap and they didn't know what it was.

DSC_1063_zpssr8judqf.jpg

This Tenius is doing great, good PE and growing very fast.

DSC_1027_zpsnq5uyon1.jpg

This acro has also hit the sweet spot, the green is intense, and it has pink/purple growth tips. Strange growth pattern, we will see how it turns out.

DSC_1126_zpsi9ba5xby.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• 3 weeks later...

Took some more pics tonight. Was relatively happy with how they came out. SPS colors are looking really intense lately. I added more fish, and have been feeding more, also have my reactor online with NPX biopellets. I believe the combination is whats causing the heightened coloration.

DSC_1202_zpskqxo8s5a.jpg

Added 5 bangaii cardinals. heres 1.

DSC_1124_zpsw9spbvlk.jpg

Pics of the colored up SPS. Mostly the Acro's.

This one is JF purps acro. Was only purple the first week it was in my tank. Its getting more and more purple every day.

DSC_1089_zpszqgcjdwz.jpg

Picked up a red planet

DSC_1084_zps1bhd8u6f.jpg

DSC_1114_zpsmjlpih0s.jpg

Echinata looks brighter than Ive ever seen it

DSC_1165_zpsf6zxwqaw.jpg

DSC_1182_zps7naa8a8z.jpg

DSC_1163_zpsfzoolvx6.jpg

Liked the way this one came out with the out of focus bangaii's in the background.

DSC_1132%201_zpskbjzzhsj.jpg

I think Im fully stocked for now, just need everything to grow. Thanks for looking.

• 1 year later...
Caraudiotekk

Read this whole thread and, it ended a little over a year ago. Any updates on your tank? I'm looking at purchasing this tank. 

Thanks for all the pictures and information on your setup. 

Archived