Pod Your Reef

Lighting in a 10 gallon tank

CoolBeans

I just got myself a Perfecto Aquarium 10 gallon tank with the dimensions of 20*10*12 in. with a glass canopy top. I'm looking for the best light system that I can get for about $50-100 for this aquarium for soft corals. I've been hunting around but I'm just not sure what I should do. I've searched threads on this board but I can't seem to decide. ..

Does anyone have any recommendations of specific models that would work well with my system. The fish store had a 32 watt sunpaq retrofit kit for about $75 but I figured I could do much better on the net. Thanks!

current usa 20" 2 x 40 is worth every dime. I just go mine like a week ago! works great!!

myfisharemean's suggestion is good too!

75 for a 32 watt retro is a rip off.

i've seen them cheaper in a retail store!!

so which lights did you decide on myfisharemean??

correction, i have the satallite series, not the orbit (the satalite is cheaper too, just so you know)

if you go current usa, buy the mounting legs too and keep that heat off the tank!!

Originally posted by lgreen

correction, i have the satallite series, not the orbit (the satalite is cheaper too, just so you know)

if you go current usa, buy the mounting legs too and keep that heat off the tank!!

Yeah I think that's probably a good idea since it can get warm in my room with all my computers. I just found that 2*40 for $110 instead of about $125 on another site so I might go with that one.

edit 2*40 oops

Oh here's another question, does most of the light from that 2*40 go into the tank? My aquarium is at the foot of my bed and about three ft above my head. I don't want to be blinded by some crazy lights while I sleep.

edit 2* 40 oops

two times 80?? on a ten gal? or do you mean the two times 40?

if you are interested in the 2x40 satalite, go to www.marinedepot.com

there they are like 103.00, plus 8 dollar shipping and 12 dollar oversized item fee. total is like 129.00 with shipping.

none. orbit is round/ oval shaped. satalite is flat/rectangular. no difference though. your just paying for whether you want curved or flat body shape.

myfisharemean

I havent really decided, Igreen, but the 12" from current or whatever, where they say they have them, but no one sells them, those, I forgot who it was, I think the 12" from current USA, I have to check that old thread, lol :), I can't wait until I get back from Cali, on mon or tues., I want to see how my tanks are doing!

Archived