ReefCleaners.org

IM nuvo fusion 10 help

dcknipe

The heck with a controller.

Here is what I recommend:

Get the best light you can afford, maybe even save until you can afford the light and then get the tank/etc - otherwise you spend MORE money in the long run when it wasn't necessary (your cycle requires no light and in fact slows down with a light). Also get an ATO. I have the JBJ ATO with a tom's aqualifter and it works fantastic in the tank. You need a good heater, a cobalt neo-therm 50W is top notch. Remove the nozzle from the return line to open up flow, and maybe invest in a new pump (I have the stock but am upgrading to a better one at some point). If you have a better pump, you won't need the RW-4 or anything else in the display.

A new media basket would be useful, and inTank makes the best ones out there. I used some aquarium magnets from K J magnets and a piece of egg crate to make a filter floss shelf and it works great for me, so a media basket isn't NECESSARY.

Quick question, and sorry about high jacking this thread! what/how exactly u did on your filtration area? picking up my fusion 20g now kinda like emergency cuz my spec v start to leak at the bottom after 10 months. thanks!

Quick question, and sorry about high jacking this thread! what/how exactly u did on your filtration area? picking up my fusion 20g now kinda like emergency cuz my spec v start to leak at the bottom after 10 months. thanks!

In my IM10 I currently have the first chamber (where the overflow is, water entering) a 3x4 piece of eggcrate (that is 3x4 units of egg crate, not inches) where my filter floss stays, and below that I have my media bag with carbon in it (sometimes phosguard if needed), then in the 2nd/middle chamber, I have my 50W heater (soon to be where my picO skim 2.0 is), and the 3rd chamber, where my return pump is, I have the pump (stock, but will be upgraded), my ATO switch, ATO line, and that's it. I am going to have to figure out where to put the heater now that I have the skimmer.

In my IM10 I currently have the first chamber (where the overflow is, water entering) a 3x4 piece of eggcrate (that is 3x4 units of egg crate, not inches) where my filter floss stays, and below that I have my media bag with carbon in it (sometimes phosguard if needed), then in the 2nd/middle chamber, I have my 50W heater (soon to be where my picO skim 2.0 is), and the 3rd chamber, where my return pump is, I have the pump (stock, but will be upgraded), my ATO switch, ATO line, and that's it. I am going to have to figure out where to put the heater now that I have the skimmer.

Tibbsy, why not run the heater in the 3rd chamber also? I've had mine running like that for about 2 weeks so far (Ato switch, return line, pump and heater) in the 3rd chamber with no issues. Just a suggestion...

Tibbsy, why not run the heater in the 3rd chamber also? I've had mine running like that for about 2 weeks so far (Ato switch, return line, pump and heater) in the 3rd chamber with no issues. Just a suggestion...

That's where I was thinking of putting it, I just don't know that it'll fit? I'll try and work it in there.

That's where I was thinking of putting it, I just don't know that it'll fit? I'll try and work it in there.

Not sure if I can, but if I can help in any way, let me know!

What heater and ATO do you have? I have the cobalt neo therm 50W and the JBJ ATO switch. I'm sure I can wiggle them in there together

I have the Tunze Osomlator and a Jager 50W

I have neotherm 50 and smart ATO in third chamber with room to spare.

Mj1200 slightly too powerful. Mine pulled a vortex every 5 mins for first two weeks, now down yo 1/hr. I would go with the mj900.

Archived