Innovative Marine Aquariums

carissa's cube build sca 50g pnp ....part 1 ...

zzx6rpezza

I use Kent Marine Ammonia Detox personally. I would also throw in a bottle of Instant Ocean Bio-Spira (the stuff works fast and will help increase your bio-filter bacteria) and doing a water change will not hurt anything.

Large water changes are usually the fastest way to bring ammonia down. I'm not sure about the ammonia detox but it might work? The problem is it's a question of finding it quickly... Then again having that much water mixed up can also take some time as well...

I think Seachem Prime has an ammonia neutralizer in it as well, so that may also be an option.

Other than that I had a tough time going back through the thread and finding how you cycled the tank. Did you buy cured dry rock it looks like? Did you move existing live rock from another tank? Water changes and chemicals are just a temporary fix... Ultimately the ammonia readings are showing up because the biological filter is too weak for the amount of livestock you have in the tank. In time it should catch up, but that takes time. Using bottled bacteria should speed it up though.

My old tank had 60lbs of live rock that was setup gor 1.5 years. I used all that plus 5 lbs of rubble in thw sump. My other tank satued setup once this one was done and leak free i let it cycle for a day woth the sand then i took the rock out and scaped it into the new tank. Then after a night of it in the new tank i moved all my livestock now i used as much of my old water as possible. Besides 7 gallons at the bottom of my tank it was mucky. Maybe i stirred up to much swapping but i ran out today grabed 20 gallons of waterand did a change with the kent stuff at a store and let it cycle to now now im at

Ammonia. 0

Salinity 1.025

Nitrite .5

Nitrate 20

Cal

Mag blah blah lol

But i think the swap stirred up sand etc and made that jump maybe this seemed to work befor i had no nitrite or trate readings.

Now it seems as tho there up and clearing out the ammonia

Im going to moniter over the next week but look what came todaypost-86646-0-63239900-1419479600_thumb.jpg

Im going to watch it close and my ai hydra 26 is due in the 2ith i just dont want to rush it but i feel the waterchange was a mistake lol i feel i only prolonged the issue

So im back. My lights are working great. I just purchased a apex plus setup to moniter and control my tank and my ammonia is long gone. Aparently i had a void with the new live sand and needed a kick start of prime its been a week and all good i have a 2 inch coral beauty on hold at a lfs that will be the new addition will post more when i get the controler and fish

Happy new year!

• 2 weeks later...

Update time.

My birthday is jan 18th! I have been so busy woth my son and work i havent turned the computer on in 3 weeks! Today i woke up with horific pains and vomiting. Went to the hospital and low and behold. I have kidney stones fml. Ugh happy bday to me

So let me get you all up to speed.

New additions

Apex plus. With ph salinity and temp along with blast box for ato. Havent had time to hook up once im out of bed i will

Aqua illuminations director os in programed and set god i love that lil box

Re aquascaped and added 20lbs more of live rock

Sump has been broken in running a y to 2 filter socks.

Sump has cheato. Culpalera(how ever you spell it) and 33lbs of live rubble

I have some new tank mates to all levels have been perfect test daily.i have 10 nitrate going on 3 weeks no water change my bfs changing it

tomorrow

Added a 8 collony zoa rock. A huge green mushroom and a softy.

New tank mates are.

3/4 of an inch blue hippo tank

2 inch naso tang (both thoes beong rehoused in a year to a bigger tank) this will stay my lil tank where buying a 300 gallon in a year i can wait

And hopefully in a month a male manderin to go with my female!!

Thanks for sticking around guys and all the help

Its slowly coming along. Can anyone help me hook up the apex?

And the coral beauty was bought sorry forgot about him haha

post-86646-0-40612100-1421391790_thumb.jpg

post-86646-0-57813600-1421391806_thumb.jpg

post-86646-0-51905100-1421391879_thumb.jpg

post-86646-0-03424300-1421392003_thumb.jpg

Archived