Top Shelf Aquatics

Need help deciding on lighting

Mothi

The tank will be a 2.5g about 12" long, 6" wide (horizontal), and 8" deep (vertical). I am still narrowing down what I want to keep, but so far I am set on sun polyp, pom pom xenia, and a small frag of birds nest (or similar hard coral). Possibly some zoos as well or other polyps.

What wattage PC do I need? I am thinking of getting a actinic and an additonal light. Or just one if that is all that is needed.

I am deciding between:

Mini Aqualight (fits 2 9 watt straight pin. comes with a 9watt true actinic and a 9 watt 10000K daylight bulb)

-or-

Foster&Smith PC Fluorescents (12" double or single. comes with 1 or 2 6500K full spectrum bulbs)

-or-

Galaxy Light with 1 13 watt compact fluorescent bulb with 7200K full spectrum bulb.

-or-

any other suggestions other than diy because I don't want to try and mess this up.

I prefer a light that doesn't sit on the glass. I also don't know what is considered overkill or not enough. Heat produced is an issue since it is getting hot here so if something that sits above the water so I can put a fan to blow if needed is good. Please help me pick a light. I think this is the hardest part for me.

Archived