Cultivated Reef

15 Gallon Nano Reef

malibumike

Wow this is a nice scape. Cool to see the steady picture progression. How do you find the two clowns in that size tank?

Thank you. Sadly, I had an unfortunate problem where one of the clowns went into my pre-skimmer box and did not make it out. Still mad about it, since the two prior to that got along very well. Needless to say I immediately blocked the teeth to the skimmer so nothing could get in and have had no problems since.

Thank you. Sadly, I had an unfortunate problem where one of the clowns went into my pre-skimmer box and did not make it out. Still mad about it, since the two prior to that got along very well. Needless to say I immediately blocked the teeth to the skimmer so nothing could get in and have had no problems since.

Oh No, sorry to hear that! I have 2 small black ocellaris in my fusion 10 who get along really well for now, but will have to move them to a bigger tank eventually I think.

• Like 1

Hmm, if only my LFS had red shrooms. I love their color, had to settle with dull orange ones but they really pop when the actinics come on at night. I would love to get red and blue on the same rock!

Im still unsure of which species they are- rhodactis, actinodiscus, ricordea. My favorite is LFS glass says "mushroom".

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Few new additions, and some subtle scape changes. Went to queen city frag fest yesterday and got a green frogspawn and an orange one. also got some crazy orange zoos (not yet open).

20150426_203546.jpg

here is a pic of the new zoas, I think they are bam bams?. When I first placed them in, after a couple hrs they started opening. They then started to close up. I dipped in revive today, just hoping there's nothing wrong with them. Suppose time will tell.

20150424_161453.jpg

This is the one of the frogspawns, Green with Blue Tips

20150426_190945.jpg

This one Shows my other two. both have clear tentacles, one with green tips, the other with orange tips (hard to get the orange to come across in cell photo.

2%20frogspawns.jpg

Looks great man! I love the bam bams! I've got three different types of orange frilled zoos, each with varying colors in the middle but I've been on the look out for those. I'm happy all 9 polyps of my new blue hornets opened up. Half opened within the first few days, the other half took a week so be patient, they will behave haha.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...