inTank Media Baskets

Stupid Employees - RO/DI refill

StevieT

Also wtf is that ghetto crap? Fill up a few hundred gallon holding tank of water and a float valve and then fill the 5 gallon jugs from it all at one time instead of inviting screw up..

So you're saying he should set up a tank to hold hundereds of gallons of 0TDS water so he can invite TDS creep, someone to drop something in the water and contaminate the entire supply, and to trust a float valve not to fail for extremely long periods of time.

Not to mention all that wet water would get dry.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HecticDialectics

So you're saying he should set up a tank to hold hundereds of gallons of 0TDS water so he can invite TDS creep, someone to drop something in the water and contaminate the entire supply, and to trust a float valve not to fail for extremely long periods of time.

No it'd just be a real large scale set up. Not just some basement hack job lol

he's likely to get more TDS creep running his ro unit 5 gallons at a time than running it longer in larger quantities..

5 gallons is not a bad quantity. The TDS creep passes in the first pint to quart or so of water so would be diluted pretty good in 5 gallons. I would still use two of three float switches and a solenoid valve though versus a float valve not only for reliability but also so you can set the distance between OFF and ON such that the system would have to drop 10 gallons or whatever befoe it cycles on again. In my 23 gaoon Rubbermaid ATO container I set my ON float switch 12" below the OFF switch which ended up being 11 measured gallons before it coms back on. TDS creep is never an issue.

Why is an RO unit even hooked up to hot water? Just have it hooked up to the cold water valve to make it idiot proof.

You kind of skipped over all the words in this thread.

Archived