ReefCleaners.org

Dramad1

Just wanted to share some growth shots with the nanobox duo over the last 8-12months

In the begining

null_zps07f2e0cd.jpg

stocking some sps

Milli

null_zps2c5186b1.png

Setosa

null_zps6827dc62.png

Baby bird

null_zps02320077.jpg

Fts at the start

null_zps83ffac6a.jpg

fast forward about a year

20140803_164739_zpsu4jq3z4g.jpg

and a few months later, lil bird all grown up. Rp with some new growth..

20140928_143121_zpsgewn0tht.jpg

20141026_083812_zpsi5y4iyzn.jpg

And a few pics from a few days ago, during water change, corals partially out of water-top down shot

See all the new growth

No flash, lights off

20141207_121214_zps7rkzlv9l.jpg

With flash, you can see the rp has doubled in size as well as how big the milli has gotten

20141207_121258_zpstfvnesh9.jpg

20141207_121313_zpsvz5wxw9v.jpg

Nest after a trim

20141207_121324_zpsrkceptna.jpg

Rp's crazy growth

20141207_121330_zpsmaepcvql.jpg

Setosa and slimer growing up

20140928_143134_zpsqbcguhuk.jpg

the nano box can grow some stuff! F yeah. Thanks Dave.

Settings

Ch1:190

Ch2: 85

Nice growth you got there, where did you get setosa and milli for $10? that's wicked cool.

Got them from a member here on nano reef. Went by a different screen name back then, goes by paandemonium I believe now. She, I think its a she because of her pic, always has really nice pieces and every once and a while puts a few items up fs. Best coral shipper ever as well! Big thanks to her for hooking me up

Got them from a member here on nano reef. Went by a different screen name back then, goes by paandemonium I believe now. She, I think its a she because of her pic, always has really nice pieces and every once and a while puts a few items up fs. Best coral shipper ever as well! Big thanks to her for hooking me up

she is still active, her corals are always bombing my screen...lol. I'll keep an eye out for them. Thanks

Such a good post. Thanks Drama. Great work as well. It is not easy doing that in a years time.

Great post to show what a Nano Box can do!

-Dave

hoping that mine will look like that in a year. started SPS when i got my nanobox duo/bluefish. still trying to get my settings right to prevent bleaching and promote growth. my SPS are only 2 weeks in the tank.

hoping that mine will look like that in a year. started SPS when i got my nanobox duo/bluefish. still trying to get my settings right to prevent bleaching and promote growth. my SPS are only 2 weeks in the tank.

When I first set the light up I started at like 150 for ch1 and 70 ch2, I ended up having to dial it back to 130 ch1 and 50 ch2 for a month or so. After that I would bump the blues and whites by 5 every other week till I got to where I'm at now.

In my experience with sps, they seem to do better in a more established tank. 6 plus months of running with stable params. I tried sticking some sps in a tank that just finshed cycling and I had lil to no pe and colors where browning out. Move same sps to more established tank and they took off.

my tank has been up for about 6 months and it has had pretty stable params. just started the SPS 2 weeks ago. i have had ricordae and zoanths for longer which are doing well

When I first set the light up I started at like 150 for ch1 and 70 ch2

what are the max settings for the channels on the storm controller, since i am running the bluefish. i take it that ch1 was your whites and ch2 your blues?

jedimasterben

what are the max settings for the channels on the storm controller, since i am running the bluefish. i take it that ch1 was your whites and ch2 your blues?

Dave always sets them up so CH1 is 'blue' and CH2 is 'white'. The maximum settings for the Storm is 255.

Just the confirmation I was looking for (see my woes on this thread) that LEDs can kill it in a good way. Congrats on your growth!

What size tank is that? What do you dose, if anything? And where did you get your Red Planet from?

A few others items I have seen as far as corals go. I picked up a SPS pack from a local that uses OG 150w HQI's. It took ~1.5 months to really get growth and color I was looking for. I feel as if there is a true transition that can happen. Who knows, I could be talking crazy! However I do know that LEDs can grow any SPS and that Nano Box units may have a hand up. I dont use optics and Allows for less shadowing.

-Dave

Archived