Innovative Marine Aquariums

Which bulb???

Kogut

In my 20L I'm going to use 2 MH bulbs suspended from something (not sure what yet)... Which of these bulbs would you suggest and why? I'm going to have at least 2 clams and plenty of high-light corals along w/ some lower light ones which will sit on the bottom near the sides. Thanks guys!

Euro Spec Metal Halide Bulb, 175 watt 10,000°K $79.99

Euro Spec Metal Halide Bulb, 250 watt 5,500°K $55.99

Euro Spec Metal Halide Bulb, 250 watt 6,500°K $89.99

Euro Spec Metal Halide Bulb, 250 watt 10,000°K $95.99

Euro Spec Metal Halide Bulb, 250 watt 20,000°K $99.99

Thanks,

Connor

PS... They're going on this fixture: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...6&N=2004+113178

I would agree. If all you plan on using is 2 MH, then I would go with a 14k and up. I've never heard of those bulbs, I would go with Coralvue or XM for price (if XM have fixed all there problems) With those you won't need actinic supplementation. I'm kind of in the same situation, I have a 20l, but I have 2 - 400w radiums sitting here. I'm going to try and use one in a pendant type enclosure. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try and trade the 2 setups for 2 - 175.

Walter

Does anyone think that I could get away w/ using just 1 pendant w/ a XM 250W 20K MH??? Or would y'all recommend going w/ the 10K? I could go w/ 2 pendants of 175, but I want to avoid that if possible. I also have the problem of needing a covering for my gobie I plan to buy... Any ideas??? I was thinking that some metal wiring cut to the exact size of my tank would do the job... Thank you!!! (Going to be ordering everything in a week or so... Really appreciate all the help)

Archived