Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JB's Nanobox RETRO review (quick)

JBwentReefin'

JBwentReefin'

Dave has had plenty of good reviews of his lights and it's widely known that he does good work, but wanted to add my impressions/thoughts of the Retro I've had up for a little over a month now. I'll keep it short and sweet and just say overall Dave was great to work with, answered all my questions, listened to all my requests, and communication throughout was excellent. Best of all, I had a hard date I needed this unit by and he exceeded it :)

Retro Unit: ATI 24" Sunpower 4 x 24W - Retro'd to 2 x 24W with quad 13up array LEDs and Storm controller

The unit upon delivery inspection was perfect, exactly as I asked. Nice paint, unit was solidly put together, and all wiring/hanging/glass cover was included. Set up with the Storm controller was simple, just follow Dave's directions and the set up guides on here. I wanted this Retro for the obvious T5/LED advantages and the fantastic coverage it gave me over my CAD 34 Mini II. It didn't disappoint! I've PAR'd this unit throughout my tank and it provides everything needed for SPS/LPS (depending on placement/height of course) from top to bottom, corner to corner. I've honestly seen an explosion of growth since having this dialed in over my tank and everything has responded with increased color. I'm looking forward to the next couple of months! Now for the pics!

IMG_0111_zps5b883f17.jpg

IMG_0115_zpsf8a26cab.jpg

IMG_0113_zps881f5c3d.jpg

IMG_0112_zps0112e2b1.jpg

IMG_0121_zpsd2adeeee.jpg

JB

• 8 months later...

that just plain sexy i just brought the ati for a good price and planning on retro but waiting for the right time to pull the trigger

Archived