Cultivated Reef

** NEW Product ** Fusion 30L & 40 Floss Holder

inTank

Can you make one for IM 16????

We are not planning one for the IM16 which is the same as the nuvo 4 and fusion 10 & 20

The overall size of the chamber is much smaller and the cost of those baskets is much less compared to the larger tanks. Meaning the media space is less so 2 media baskets makes much more sense.

We are not planning one for the IM16 which is the same as the nuvo 4 and fusion 10 & 20

The overall size of the chamber is much smaller and the cost of those baskets is much less compared to the larger tanks. Meaning the media space is less so 2 media baskets makes much more sense.

Makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

If you ever change your mind on the FF holder for a Nuvo 20 I'd buy a pair. I know quite a few others who currently run just FF in the baskets due to the IM skimmer/reactor combo. Not sure $70 for a pair of baskets is really what I need sadly :angry:

• 1 month later...

silly question, but is one FF basket and one media basket as good of filtratrion as two media baskets?

What would you run in the other basket?

Filtration needs depend on what you are stocking so they will vary from tank to tank.

One media basket and One Filter floss holder is a great option since the media basket is so large, and you save a ton of money.

If one were to run two media basket it could be filter floss on top, then media of their choice. Or filter floss on top, media in one and remove the shelf and create a fuge with chaeto in the other basket.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just stumbled upon this and I am interested in trying to use in conjunction with a Fuge in the back chamber. I have a Fusion 40 with 2 Custom Caddy's (did not know about the media baskets you made at the time).

The left basket runs normal media (chemi pure, purigen, phosban and some filter pads) and the right runs mechanical sponge at the top and then chaeto in the bottom 2 sections. Problem I have with that setup is the only way to clean between the glass on the back of the tank and the acrylic on the Custom Caddy is to take the entire thing out. Since I use the IM Fuge light and it connects directly against the outside glass there is nasty algae growth growing on. If I pull out the basket I risk losing a lot of the pod population.

My question is if I use one of these Floss Holders in the right chamber and lose the media basket, but keep the chaeto is there anything you make that I can put at the bottom of the chamber to prevent the chaeto from flowing into the tank? At the moment that is the purpose that the media basket serves - it creates a chamber within the right chamber to hold the chaeto.

Thanks!

My question is if I use one of these Floss Holders in the right chamber and lose the media basket, but keep the chaeto is there anything you make that I can put at the bottom of the chamber to prevent the chaeto from flowing into the tank? At the moment that is the purpose that the media basket serves - it creates a chamber within the right chamber to hold the chaeto.

Thanks!

What you are asking for is exactly what the media basket does. Stick with that and ditch the sponge, use filter floss on top. And when the shitty custom caddy breaks, come get a real media basket ;)

What you are asking for is exactly what the media basket does. Stick with that and ditch the sponge, use filter floss on top. And when the shitty custom caddy breaks, come get a real media basket ;)

I guess I will switch to filter floss and replace that every few days. I was hoping to use your new floss holder instead to cleanly remove the dirty floss rather than going in with my hands :).

I guess I will switch to filter floss and replace that every few days. I was hoping to use your new floss holder instead to cleanly remove the dirty floss rather than going in with my hands :).

You certainly could put an egg crate basket or shelf below the filter floss holder. I just see the media basket doing the same thing and you already have it.

You certainly could put an egg crate basket or shelf below the filter floss holder. I just see the media basket doing the same thing and you already have it.

The issue with the media basket is that it has the plastic walls and between the wall and the glass a ton of algae forms. Maybe I will just cut a whole in the acrylic in the chamber that the macro grows.

As others have said I would really be interested in one of these for my Fusion 20...I really hate the stock baskets but since I run a reactor and skimmer there is no point in buying a full basket just to hold filter floss. Can't justify the price. Please make one so I don't have to go buy egg crate and create a filter floss holder...

Archived