Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Obeythefro's IM Fusion 10

obeythefro

Kind of, just running a Coral Compulsion Par 30 18k light that I picked up from a friend for now. Still deciding between Nanobox and now the Kessil 160we. Haven't seen the nitrite spike yet, so hopefully I will be able to see some reviews on the 160 before the diatoms show up.

That's the same light I used for quite a while on my 4g, and I had it on my Fusion until just last weekend. All the FTS shots I have in my 10g thread were taken with that light. I really like it and I was able to grow everything including SPS with it. Just make sure you keep it at about 10" above the water - it's a lot stronger than it looks.

The only thing I didn't like about it was no being able to dim, and not being able to control the balance between the whites and the blues.

Your 4g is amazing BTW!

Thanks! :blush:

That's the same light I used for quite a while on my 4g, and I had it on my Fusion until just last weekend. All the FTS shots I have in my 10g thread were taken with that light. I really like it and I was able to grow everything including SPS with it. Just make sure you keep it at about 10" above the water - it's a lot stronger than it looks.

The only thing I didn't like about it was no being able to dim, and not being able to control the balance between the whites and the blues.

Thanks! :blush:

Yeah, I think I might have to raise it up a bit. I like it alot, but, like you, I desire the ability to ramp sunrise/sunset and modulate the color balance.

My InTank media basket arrived today, 2 days earlier than expected! Thank you USPS! Now go fix your subpar tracking system.

This thing is beautiful! They really do great work! But can anyone fill me in on what this little foot looking thing is for?

20141210_174903_zpspxtswo6h.jpg

reefernanoman

Ok, I think I figured it out. It appears to go behind the media basket to ensure that it does not move away from the overflow.

I was just about to ask the same thing. :D

It's cool that they thought of that but I figured they would attach it if they found another piece that needs to be added to keep it in place, or would attaching it make it too hard to get in and out later?

It's cool that they thought of that but I figured they would attach it if they found another piece that needs to be added to keep it in place, or would attaching it make it too hard to get in and out later?

Yeah, because the overflow has that little lip on it, it would be impossible to put it in the chamber.

Yeah, I had the same question when I got mine. But when I posted my pictures of the media basket I forgot all about it. It's really a nice touch and shows how well thought out the design is.

Yeah, I had the same question when I got mine. But when I posted my pictures of the media basket I forgot all about it. It's really a nice touch and shows how well thought out the design is.

Agreed! It is a beautiful piece.

• 1 month later...

Archived