Holy old thread batman!

Im nuvo 8

Nanobox tide plus m

Intank media basket w/ floss and chemipure blue

Aqueon 50w

Mangrove

MJ900 w/ spinstream

Tunze nano ato

Flow is perfect, not too strong and not too slow. It's just plug and play, no need to modify tubing.

Worked out great! I picked up the pump last night. I didn't realize i'd have to add more water though! Dropped at least two inches in the pump chamber after adding the new pump. Definitely like the flow a lot more though.. You could barely feel the water coming out of the end nozzles before the upgrade.

Worked out great! I picked up the pump last night. I didn't realize i'd have to add more water though! Dropped at least two inches in the pump chamber after adding the new pump. Definitely like the flow a lot more though.. You could barely feel the water coming out of the end nozzles before the upgrade.

Glad it worked out.

Had the 16 cracked,IM sent me a Fusion 20 was happy at first so much I was going to purchase a SR 80,but after having this tank for some time I am not happy with the back built in reservoir/sump to tight/compact of a space.Purchased Ghost Skimmer after having previous version of their Skimmer which was absolutely junk,also was excited happy at first with the Ghost but the Skimmer just seems to be to erratic and I don't believe it is my water, also stock pump not enough flow. So in the long run I scrapped the Idea of another IM and went with the Red Sea Reefer 350, just need more room to work in sump and tank. The IM tanks are nice but in my opinion just not enough room for maintenance etc.

• 4 months later...

1. I have the NUVO Fusion 20

2. Lighting: Radion XR15 pro with RMS mount

3. Replaced stock pump with Cobalt MJ1200

4. Replaced stock media baskets with iTank ones

Happy with the tank so far.

Might be too late but how did you mount the MJ? Mine just hits the wall where the intake is.

Do you find the Cobalt MJ1200 is too much flow for the tank? I have a RW-4 for extra flow with the stock pump, but I wouldn't mind a faster flow rate in the overflow chambers with a better pump. Did you have to modify the tubing at all for the MJ1200?

Nope, not too much flow, just enough I think. It was just plug and play, no need for modifications.

Might be too late but how did you mount the MJ? Mine just hits the wall where the intake is.

It just hangs above the bottom, doesn't actually touch the bottom. I have it horizontal with the intake on the right side and the cord on the left. Mine doesn't hit the walls at all.

Nope, not too much flow, just enough I think. It was just plug and play, no need for modifications.

It just hangs above the bottom, doesn't actually touch the bottom. I have it horizontal with the intake on the right side and the cord on the left. Mine doesn't hit the walls at all.

Did you cut the factory tube that came with the return? Because mine hits the bottom. Mine is the nuvo 10 I just seen yours was the 20. Trying to figure out if I want to go stock pump with a rw4 or mj1200 and no powerhead

Did you cut the factory tube that came with the return? Because mine hits the bottom. Mine is the nuvo 10 I just seen yours was the 20. Trying to figure out if I want to go stock pump with a rw4 or mj1200 and no powerhead

multiple sources of lesser flow is always better than 1 source of higher flow.

No I didn't. It might be different size tubing and/or compartment sizes between the 20 and the 10.

• 7 months later...
do not smoke the reef(er)
On 2/24/2016 at 8:38 AM, hooligan_78 said:

Fusion 20

AI Prime with mount

Stock pump through 1 return

Tunze 9001

Cobalt 50w upgrading to 75w

inTank Fuge basket and filter floss holder and

3 chamber media rack

Aqua Gadget Mini Reactor

MP10

Aqua Gadget flow rotator

any pics of how you plumbed the tunzee 9001 going to do this my self soon wondering if you had any tips or tricks

• 2 months later...
hooligan_78
On 2/20/2017 at 2:48 PM, do not smoke the reef(er) said:

any pics of how you plumbed the tunzee 9001 going to do this my self soon wondering if you had any tips or tricks

Sorry for the late reply.  I attached it to the regium baffle, so the skimmer was in the main return chamber.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived