Top Shelf Aquatics

Super skimmer my a**

reefskunk

I bought a SUPER SKIMMER 3 from a new LFS that claimed the skimmer was "definently gonna skim well". I just set it up, and it didnt pull gunk quickly like my other skimmers have. Is this because it needs to "break in" ? Or is it just because its a piece of crap? Plus, i have two air pumps running it since it is counter current and suggests 2 pumps for optimum performance. it looks like its bubbling fine, and it shows counter current effect, but the air pumps are different power measures. One is an elite 799 which sounds like a train, and one is a rena 100, which is whimpier. what should i do????

Cannot really give you any info on the skimmer quality BUT it will need break in for sure. Up to a week for it to stabilize out. You might want to lower the skimmer a little to get the water level a little higher.

Are those the pumps the skimmer recommended or the LFS?

Cameron

It may require upto a week to set-in.

After this period, no matter how crap a skimmer maybe, it should still pull something out. My Prizm has a crappy reputation; it required nearly two weeks to set-in, but now when I clean it, it only takes a few hours for it to set-in and start working, and it does pull out brown/greeny liquid. Give it some time before making a judgement.

some skimmers can go months without making anything... Ive got one t went 2 months empty.. in one day it was nearly full... Go fig..... Give it a chance. Also If it sux, take it back and get a TURBOFLOTOR 1000 Sump model.. U will love IT... or my name is Rumplestiltskin.

Archived