Top Shelf Aquatics

[9.6 gallon] Bedside table tank

EnFuego

I haven't been on the site in a while, but I recently moved and am setting up a tank again. Quick stats:

Tank: If I remember correctly, the tank is 16" x 14" x 10" with starphire glass. It was built by Chris at PicO aquariums.

Lighting: Maxspect Razor R420R

Flow: Ecotech MP10

Filtration: See below

I'm still trying to figure out how to take decent pictures with these LED lights. It's proving difficult. At any rate, here are a couple pictures from today:

Front shot

Full_front112414.jpg

Top down view

Top_down112414.jpg

Blasto

Blasto112414.jpg

Zoas

Zoanthids112414.jpg

Dendros

Dendro112414.jpeg

I have a one year old kid that never stops moving, so my goal with the tank is to minimize maintenance, and more importantly the risk for spills, leaks, etc, while also avoiding clutter in the tank. So, I'm skipping a sump with this tank. To avoid clutter, I've modded an inline filter and retrofitted a heater inside the filter to allow for mechanical filtration and carbon or phosban dosing. I'm using green leaf aquarium filter pipes and an eheim pump to connect the filter to the tank.

Here is a quick picture of the filter:

fitler2.jpg

• 2 months later...

A coupled updated shots.

Fulltank_022315.jpg

Top_022315.jpg

The zoas aren't glued in place, so I may end up moving them around. I want to cut the discs down a bit before I glue them in place.

A coupled updated shots.

Fulltank_022315.jpg

Top_022315.jpg

The zoas aren't glued in place, so I may end up moving them around. I want to cut the discs down a bit before I glue them in place.

Those Dendros look sick.

Archived