SaltCritters.com

My Precious Cube

chinchiu

Here is my nano cube, 20" x 20" x 20"..........Skimmer is Via Aqua (HOB) skimmer, lighted by 36W x 2 PL..........2 x 800L/Hr Powerhead for circulations.....15 Lb LR...........setup for 2 month

uchiha,

My clam is doing well and it got some supplementary light from my window(not direct sunlight).........sorry........i pressed the wrong button, pls refer to "my clam" for a closer photo of the clam........the people in Hong Kong said that this species of clam need a lot and a lot of light, is it true??

Bravoreefer,

It is a clown tang, about 2.5 inches long........

Originally posted by chinchiu

the people in Hong Kong said that this species of clam need a lot and a lot of light, is it true??

Yes, its true. They need lots of phytoplankton when they're small, and lots of light. Most people with croceas use metal halide lighting.

alice_hamster

That's a very nice tank!

You've just started for 2 mths for this tank, i think you'll develop more for your tank. There's still lots of space.

But seems you just keep few fish.

You like coral more?

impur,

No, i don't have a larger tank....i think if the clown tang really grow to that size, i will release it into the sea. I think it will adapt easily as clown tang can also be found in the sea around HK.

Korbin,

I am not feeding the clam with Golden Pearl powder....and no recent deterioration.........have you heard of "Liquid Life"?? some people in HK are now promoting using this product to feed the corals and clams. Any experience with this product?? Better than Golden Pearl and DT??

Alice_hamster,

Ha Ha....really nice to see you here too~~Yup, i like to keep more coral.......myabe 4-5 small fish maximum

cjm033,

That fish is a baby clown tang.

To all,

Let me post some more photos when i set up my tang la..:P

New tank with Via Aqua Skimmer:

This is the initial look with 10 Lbs LR and 1 BTA ( i gave to other people because it's so naughty)......I like it's crystal clear feeling :happy:

Archived