Cultivated Reef

Need an ATO suggestion

OCNcheffy

Deleted User 8

I bought the one from Hydor, but had to get it from MD so that I could sneak it in before my wife finds out! I couldn't get it from AMZN, since I get busted like that! shhhhhhhh! don't tell her.

Well, not that I hide stuff from my wife. (Oh, she gets mad, but I don't care.) Anyway, I am lucky enough to have one of those Amazon lockers at the 711 across the street from work. I get an email when it is there, I walz over, boop a bar code on my phone and the door to the locker the package is in pops right open. Totally under the radar as the package never hits my doorstep.

It doesn't work for big stuff like tanks though.

Buzz

...had to get it from MD so that I could sneak it in before my wife finds out! I couldn't get it from AMZN, since I get busted like that! shhhhhhhh! don't tell her.

When I die, I hope my wife sells my toys for what they're worth, not for what I *told* her they're worth...

reefernanoman

When I die, I hope my wife sells my toys for what they're worth, not for what I *told* her they're worth...

So if you put it like that, she probably thinks I got about $1000 invested in my NC 28G, when it's more like $2000+

I had a Tunze Osmolator 3155 on a 12 gallon for several years and it worked flawlessly. My only complaint was that the brackets and clamps for the sensors were pretty big and took up a lot of room in in my tank's back chamber. I just got the Osmolator Nano 3152 for my 8 gallon tank and it's working great. There's only 1 sensor, so it takes less room. It uses a magnet to mount the sensor which is much nicer than the old clamp brackets. I have it running through the Tunze Calcium Dispenser and it's been working perfectly. It's sensitive enough that it only pumps for about 3-4 seconds each time it runs. My guess is that it's somewhere between 4-6 ounces each run.

I have had the Nano Osmolator for a year now and it has worked great, The only problem I had was the chip burnt out (probably from my RO/DI water dropping too low and the pump switching on and off). Either way, I contacted Tunze that night and they responded and sent a replacement part overnight shipping no cost no questions or hassle. It has worked perfectly for the 8 months after that incident. Just make sure to disconnect and reconnect before and after water changes and when brining in new RODI water. Also, with nano tanks the glass is usually relatively thin and the large magnets on the sensor can make the sensor float tip, A simple fix is to place a piece of cardboard between the magnet and the glass on the outside and the float will go back to level.

Overall great product, takes up minimal space and is silent for me!!

Archived