Innovative Marine Aquariums

WB's 50 rimless (RESCAPED) New corals and a green algae problem

Weasel Baron

new stuff!

got a couple big SPS pieces from divers den. Not terribly thrilled w/ the color disparity between their pictures and the piece I got...hopefully they do well enough to color up nicely. There was a blue-green pocillopora and a teal/purple acro (tenuis). Both look pretty drab and the tenuis looks super light. fingers crossed

On the bright side my LFS had a banging plate that I added to my growing addiction/collection. You can see the tenuis in the background <_< once they've acclimated to the LED ill move them up to the background shelf

u2Hbh1Y.jpg

gold w/ hints of green. excited to see if it colors up any more :wub:

3AUScbK.jpg

s3km44m.jpg

the other new(ish) plate

7prtIVe.jpg

here's the pocillopora

dtSOOzv.jpg

everything else is cruising along. Currently battling a green algae attack; considering its only growing on the areas that have a lot of light exposure Im assuming my light schedule of 10hrs is too much, so Im cutting it back to 8 to see if that helps

perams are:

phos: 50ppb

nitrate: 10-15ppm

ammonia/nitrite: 0ppm

pH: 8.2

Alk/kH: 9.5

Ca: 450ppm

SG: 1.025

topoff is limewater made from DI water

• 3 weeks later...

little update, nothing new, mostly been working on setting up the 12gal tank and just letting this one grow in. Some color coming back on the two new SPS and things continue to branch/encrust. The green algae is still around, so im considering grabbing one of those Söchting oxidator things

gdgjm2P.gif

NryrZVZ.jpg

SZsWOjh.jpg

0YCKExr.jpg

xWYnVaD.jpg

IDdneH4.jpg

csxhPAW.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Weasel Baron

behbehs

ZzdvaBl.jpg

Had an alk swing that started some STN in the pocillipora colony, so that had to be cut down to size and there was a bit of rescaping to go along with it. A neon green toadstool was also added; more pics later

Archived