Innovative Marine Aquariums

$$$$$ coral

aquariumlover10

like I said, Im torn between saying "good for them" and "WTF MAN!" There are obviously enough people out there for them to continue charging like that

we were just transitioning to take advantage of the frag scene when I left ~5 years ago, and as far as I remember we didnt have prerequisites for cherry pieces, and I can see that being a big factor in price hikes...just not the ~1k for a 1" piece of coral type of hike :wacko:

benjho, crazy crazy pieces! wish I had that kind of money to throw around :lol:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

like I said, Im torn between saying "good for them" and "WTF MAN!" There are obviously enough people out there for them to continue charging like that

we were just transitioning to take advantage of the frag scene when I left ~5 years ago, and as far as I remember we didnt have prerequisites for cherry pieces, and I can see that being a big factor in price hikes...just not the ~1k for a 1" piece of coral type of hike :wacko:

benjho, crazy crazy pieces! wish I had that kind of money to throw around :lol:

Thanks man....I actually don't have that money to throw around. I just happen to spend my work money on corals..........my only hobby...and food. Everything else I do is almost free or nothing. I wear old clothes, got a free car, live with my mom lol.

Some of these prices are ridiculous!! This is my cheapest most recent addition, $10 Xenia, massive piece, around 6 stalks. My LFS doesn't carry any corals over $100, and I have seen most of these corals and colour patterns in store for waaay less. Why so expensive guys!? :o

post-86000-0-61030400-1416121109_thumb.jpg

Some of these prices are ridiculous!! This is my cheapest most recent addition, $10 Xenia, massive piece, around 6 stalks. My LFS doesn't carry any corals over $100, and I have seen most of these corals and colour patterns in store for waaay less. Why so expensive guys!? :o

You tell me.....

It seems if they have a name in front of the coral, you can get just about any price for it (Jason Fox, Tyree, Reef-Raft, etc.)

I see you are from Australia. You should see some of the prices vendors charge for "Aussie" corals! WOW!! For example, a common millipora here is $30 to $40 bucks, but if you put the name aussie in front of it, you can charge an extra $100 bucks to it!

But I do think we generally pay less for equipment than you do, though I could be wrong about that.

$70. I wouldn't normally have paid that, but I really like it.

post-81847-0-86912900-1416153288_thumb.jpg

We also paid $40 for a tiny baby mushroom that came from this:

post-81847-0-06914400-1416153320_thumb.jpg

It disappeared in the tank :\

Thanks man....I actually don't have that money to throw around. I just happen to spend my work money on corals..........my only hobby...and food. Everything else I do is almost free or nothing. I wear old clothes, got a free car, live with my mom lol.

That explains it!!

If you were married and had a wife, I guarantee spending big bucks on corals would come to a stop!

So expensive, maybe I could just get a cheap zoa and grow it huge and frag itto getbetter frags :P

Honestly, buy the weird stuff and stuff you like, forget the names. You'll be happier :)

That explains it!!

If you were married and had a wife, I guarantee spending big bucks on corals would come to a stop!

Yeah it would....that's why I plan to stay single. Unless the woman I fall in love with is really worth it lol.

W'oh! Wait..what?!! $10 Scoly??! How? Is that a type-o?

I remember him saying he bought it when it lost more than half of its tissue, dying piece, and he recovered it fully himself.

My 1st BOUNCE coming in this Friday! Can't wait.... $400..

$_57.JPG
$_57.JPG

Float some of that coral cash my way man. I'll send you pics of what I get! Very cool bounce.

Float some of that coral cash my way man. I'll send you pics of what I get! Very cool bounce.

Thanks man. Man, impulse buy for sure. Reefkoi my man, he gets some really good stuff sometimes.

Thanks man. Man, impulse buy for sure. Reefkoi my man, he gets some really good stuff sometimes.

Yeah dude I can see. I'm heading to WWC tomorrow so I'll definitely get something badass. They have some awesome acropora colors in stock right now but I like LPS much more.

Yeah dude I can see. I'm heading to WWC tomorrow so I'll definitely get something badass. They have some awesome acropora colors in stock right now but I like LPS much more.

Sounds good man, post the goodies here when you bring it back home.

I actually traded up for the scoly. Paid $10 for a single polyp of a rasta zoa and grew it out to 26+ polyps. A couple of the zoas had grown off the disk and has since grown to 40+

Mr. Microscope

I actually traded up for the scoly. Paid $10 for a single polyp of a rasta zoa and grew it out to 26+ polyps. A couple of the zoas had grown off the disk and has since grown to 40+

Well done!

Ohh nevermind...lol. I remember now haha.

Archived