inTank Media Baskets

newest jbj 12g nano cube

scarface

ok i was going to order a small 11g jebo but that kinda fell threw now the guy im talking to told me that i should purchace the new jbj nano cube. he told me it has a fan and other mods done to it. he is getting these tanks in next week. my basic question is, is that does any one else know if jbj has new nano cubes coming out or is this guy bull ######## me lol????

Was the price mentioned? It will be interesting to see what the cost diff is if you add a csl32 retro and a fan yourself. Def wait though. saves you th e pain of doing it yourself if the price is right.

I think it is supposed to have better skimming too so thats a plus.

If you get a price please let us know.

Thanks,

Chris

3gEclipseGuy

The current version I saw at the LFS is going for $125. So I would expect close to the same. Hopefully a reduction in the prior model then. :-)

try like a hundred more i put a deposit down. there are two new cubes comng out, one is like 50 more then the original but it still has the same lighting but it comes with a fan and i think better air flow. the one i purchaced is 249 beans im its called the nano cube deluxe im sure the price will go down once out in the stores for awhile im just a impatient kind of guy hehe.

Well, I know what's list price is $159.95 according to one of the local places. He didn't know what the prices was going to be for the larger tank as he wasn't planning on ordering any but does know the larger tanks will come out a bit later than the deluxe 12 gallon Nano Cube.

Steve

DanielHoerr

There's a guy on eBay selling the original Nano Cube for $80 at auction, $90 buy it now.

Is this tank suitable for a newbie wanting to start his first office nano reef? Or should I wait and drop a bit more $$ on the newer deluxe version?

Thanks,

Daniel

well it depends on your experience with reefs i hade a 30 gallon reef tank for 4 years and belive me i learned everything the hard and expensive way.I am purchacing the deluxe cube just because i feel it is more suitable for a soft coral enviorment.if your planning on making a reef the lighting in this deluxe tank will def do the job for (soft corals) for 250 its not bad concidering the way i have heard some people blowing money on mods for the orginal tank and then who knows what happens to the tank after they mod it like wire shortages burn outs.

Originally posted by DanielHoerr

There's a guy on eBay selling the original Nano Cube for $80 at auction, $90 buy it now.

Is this tank suitable for a newbie wanting to start his first office nano reef?  Or should I wait and drop a bit more $$ on the newer deluxe version?

Thanks,

Daniel

Read through all the posts about modding Cubes. They're sweet-looking, but, stock, they're not really reef-ready. Folks tend to upgrade the lighting, circulation, and cooling ... and those upgrades cost $$$.

In perspective, a Cube in Toronto is ~ $200 Canadian ($150ish US). I got a custom, drilled + overflow 24x18x18 tank, + a blastomussa frag for the same price. No lighting, but a WH5 ballast is $33 and will fire 3 T5 actinics. 175 watt MH kit for about $200 more ... used aquarium for a sump ... $10 for a sheet of acrylic to make baffles ... $100 to make myself a hood and stand ... and you can see where I'm going. Call it $600 (or $450 US) and I will have a tank that is fit for almost anything ... plus, with the sump, I have somewhere to grow macro, put a skimmer, and have an auto top-off that won't keep me up at night worrying about snails.

Archived